Thursday, March 24, 2011

What's Going On?

Today's updates:

*Eliana rolled over from back to stomach!! She was so happy, too, and had her brothers and I cheering her on all the way:)

*She also started pushing herself backwards in her walker. She is changing so fast everyday! Samuel said, "Stop changing so fast, Eliana!" We wholeheartedly agree!

*Poor little thing just keep fighting sickness. She just hasn't been herself 100% for a few weeks. She has some stomach virus or something and had a rash for a few days, a runny nose and has had diarrhea for the past 3 days. Her poor bottom is raw! I just wish she could fight this off and get healthy!

*Zakkai came home from preschool the other day and told me that one of his teachers, Mrs Darby, wasn't at school. I asked why and he said, "Because the boy that is Mrs. Darby's son was growing up." I said, "Are you sure he wasn't....throwing up?" He shook his head adamantly and said, "No! He was growing up!" His teacher got a kick out of it when I told her the next day:)

*Tonight at dinner Ben was telling me about how a fellow student has a new girlfriend and suddenly Samuel leaned over and really softly said, "I have a girlfriend." WHAT??? My baby has a girlfriend? How does he even know what a girlfriend is? (Never mind the fact that I had a "boyfriend" in first grade. His name was Sam and he ate paste.) I hastily choked down the food in my mouth, tuned Ben out (sorry, my Love!) and carefully looked at him and said, "Oh really? A girlfriend? What's her name?"

He said, "Carlina." and added shyly, "She likes me." Ben was still talking in the background so I stopped him and casually drew his attention to our little side conversation. Then Samuel said, "She likes Eric, too." I asked him if another girl (who sits next to him) was his girlfriend and he paused and said, "Yes. They are all my friends."

Whew! Crisis averted. My baby doesn't know what a girlfriend is. And I hope that lasts til he's 23.

*This morning, we tromped outside for school only to find the weather was cold and there was actually frost on our car windows again. Samuel looked confused and said, "I thought it was Spring? Is winter...coming back?" I had to explain Chicago's unfortunate tendency to prolong winter and delay spring. (as in: Winter=7 months, Spring=1 month.) Poor kiddo got a good taste of spring in the past week and has so enjoyed going to the park. Soon!

*Zakkai, who has wanted to be very close to me lately, was sitting on my lap this afternoon and he turned and looked at me with his gorgeous blue eyes that are going to melt some girl's heart someday and said, after a moment, "Mommy, you're pretty." What a charmer!

*And speaking of charming, these sweet boys have been complimenting me at every dinner saying how wonderful the food is and thanking me. It's a very nice reward after working hard to get a nutritious meal on the table!

*I am still on a roll with weeding through our overwhelming material possessions (where did all this stuff come from?) and have 3 more bags of stuff in my trunk to give to the Salvation Army! Somehow that is always the hardest part. The bags sit in my house forever and then I finally lug them out to the car where I drive around with them for so long that they blend into the car interior and I forget they are even there! 

*And last but not least, today I am wishing a very Happy 1st Birthday to my sweet nephew Jacob!

Yea for Friday tomorrow!

ps. sorry no pics! I need to empty my camera because the memory card is full!

No comments:

Followers