Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Dreaming..

 Tonight I am dreaming about vacation.

We took our very first family vacation last year to Florida and had a mostly really great time. The only hard part was that it always takes us (some of us more than others;) a little while to truly relax. It's probably that way for most people! But Ben has an especially hard time since he has a never-ending mountain of work looming over him. So everywhere we go, the books and the computer go.

But tonight Ben told me that on this vacation, he will not bring one.single.book. (except some Tolstoy~a little light vacation reading;) I admit that I cried when he told me because it will be the very first time in at least 5 1/2 years that he has truly taken the time to relax and just "be" with us.

I cannot tell you how much I am looking foward to it! Especially since we are both feeling rather drained and depleted at the moment from years of stressful living.  I know that we all will soak up every single moment we have together, whether doing something exciting and "Florida-ish" or just sitting still and "being."

Thank You, God, for this vacation!!!





p.s. Can't wait to see little E in the sunny southern sunshine!! :)

1 comment:

Charity said...

I have to admit, I'm a little jealous. I am pining to go visit Grandma and Grandpa in Florida. We have gorgeous weather here, so it's not really for that. I just miss going to the villages and being spoiled by Grandma and Grandpa for a week and being able to be a total lazy bumb without feeling guilty. I hope you guys have the best time!

Followers