Thursday, March 31, 2011

What A Day

 You know those days where it seems like it's one thing after another? And by 3pm you're ready to crawl under the covers and pretend you never woke up?

I kind of had one of those days. Really, as I look back over it, it wasn't really terrible, just a lot of little frustrating things all piled up!
 First it was laundry day and I'm going to be really honest here and say that I am SOOO over dragging laundry out to the laundromat every 2 weeks. I have really tried to suck it up and not complain but let me tell you that dragging 6 bags of laundry plus all laundry supplies + a baby out at 8am (right after dropping boys at school) is not easy!

If I get there any later than 8:30am, it's almost too late to do it because everybody and their brother comes in. And then there are only the dinky small washers left and a broken dryer here and there.

Today I got there at 9am. Sigh. Let's just say it wasn't a pleasant experience today. I'm really glad to have clean laundry but boy is it a process to get it that way!!

And then our sweet Princess decided she didn't want to nap today even though I did every thing in my power to create wonderful napping environments for her. Let's see....she took a 45 minute nap, followed by a 25 minute nap and iced the cake this afternoon by napping for a whopping 15 minutes and then cried her little heart out for the next 40 minutes.

Because she was tired. Good thing she's so cute!

The boys and I made a trip out and got some probiotics for her to help her digestive system since she's still having issues. She is still acting much better although she now has eczema all over. If it's not one thing, it's another!

And then Zakkai decided he didn't want to nap either which meant mommy's quiet time in the afternoon went kaput. He alternated between coming out every 8 minutes saying, "Moooooommmmmmyyyyyy. I've been in there a really long time and I'm all done sleeping!" and banging against the door from the inside like a prisoner trying to break free from his cage.

It was really fun.

"What a day dad mom had."

I finally got to the point where, as I was preparing dinner, Zakkai came in to talk to me and I had to tell him (many times) that I just needed a few minutes to be quiet and not talk!! ("Quiet" is not a word in Zakkai's vocabulary...)

Honestly, underneath the minor little things that built up, it is probably really a build up of tension as we are waiting for some decisions to be made about next year and the unknowns and uncertainties are really wearing on us!

We are trying very hard to be patient and wait on God to answer but the ups and downs are tough!

It sure makes us extra thankful for Florida!!

No comments:

Followers