Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Late!!

Anyone else wishing spring would just stay already?? The weather has been so up and down! We had some gorgeous days this past week or so and then the past 2-3 days have been cold and rainy. Ick!

I like to blame the weather for our recent trend of being late to school. Sounds reasonable, doesn't it? The gloomy mornings make us feel more sluggish and man, have we had a hard time getting out the door on time! I'm usually stepping on the gas (carefully:) by 7:53am, praying that we'll miraculously make it to school by 7:55am. Hasn't happened yet on those mornings:)

And lately at school they've had the "Tardy Police" (I haven't copyrighted that name yet but I'm thinking about it..) standing in the hall as soon as you go up the stairs. If you are even 1 minute late, the T.D. say "Tardy!" and point you to the office where you have to shamefully wait for the little pink slip of doom, written out by the cranky, no-nonsense receptionist.

Doesn't make much sense to me that even if you're a minute late, you have to stand in a long line, get the slip and then take your kids to class where, by that point, they have now missed at least 10 minutes of class!

Today, miracle of all miracles, we were actually early. I almost felt like a rainbow was going to break through the cloudy, drizzly sky. But it didn't. We had a talk last night about moving up our morning routine time-frame and everybody cooperating to get us out the door!

Let's hope we broke the late streak!

Because it scares me to go into that office. Suddenly, I feel like I am 5 all over again...
``````````````````````````````````````````````````
The boys were watching a little movie this weekend while Ben ran to get something from the store and I was putting E to bed. Ben and I both came out/home at the same time to see these sweet brothers snuggling close on the couch.

They look a lot alike, don't they?
```````````````````````````````````````````````
Little Miss isn't feeling the best this week, with another cold infesting her chubby body. She has perfected this new whine/whimper that has surprised us, as the boys were never "whiny" as babies! I've heard girls are different so I guess she'll show us!  Thankfully, it doesn't seem to be bad like her last one, just enough to make her uncomfortable. Hopefully it will pass soon.
````````````````````````````````````````````
And last but not least, I just wanted to say thank you to those of you who commented on my post yesterday. Your comments always make me so happy and keep me motivated to post often!! So keep the comments coming! It gives me something to look forward to in the evenings;)

Happy Tuesday!



2 comments:

Charity said...

Oh Dear, having to go in to get a tardy slip would make me feel like a little kid again. Good luck with the morning routine. I keep trying to get out the door earlier too, but it isn't working. Of course, if I had a pink slip waiting for me, I might just make it out the door on time.

mommyoflove3 said...

Yes, it's a good thing you don't have a pink slip! Those usually don't bode well for a job:) Thanks for commenting, Charity; it means a lot!

Followers