Monday, March 21, 2011

Main Squeeze(s)

 I'm pretty lucky. And blessed:) I've got some really cool guys in my life. I've got my best friend, the Hubs and I also have my other two main squeezes.

These two little dudes and I used to be like white on rice. Like p'sketti sauce on spaghetti. Like jelly on toast. Like....well, you get the picture!

Before school-age cropped up, you could find me anywhere with my two guys glued to my sides. One for each hand. As a matter of fact, if I ever went anywhere without them, I felt almost...naked! More unsure of myself and what to do with my empty hands.

Who knew that a gal with a gaggle of sisters would ever end up having boys? I used to think "boys?? What in the world will I do with boys?! I'll make them girlie! I don't know a  things about dirt or trucks or being stinky or loud! Boys??"

But beyond the stinky, dirty, wrestling part, there is a really really great side to having boys. They love their Mama. They protect me, care for me, hug me and kiss me and really enjoy being around me. And that's even after all of the mistakes I've made raising them!

I really love my boys!
``````````````````````````````````````````````
Okay. I need your honest opinion. I'm reallllly going out on a limb here even posting this picture and will probably kick myself for the rest of the evening for being so silly and vulnerable.

But then I'll eat some chocolate so I'll feel better.

What would you say if I got bangs? I know, right? I have always shied away from bangs because they have this terrible rep. There's always this really awkward phase that you have to go through where the bangs are down to the tops of your ears and you can't pull them back and you can't wear them down. But supposedly bangs are "IN" now. And surely, they know how to do bangs better than they used to?

So I tested them out on Ben and Samuel yesterday as best as I could. (ignore the straggliness of them. They aren't real! yet..) Just to see what they would say. Ben stopped talking in mid-sentence and just stared at me bemused for a minute. He continued to stare at me oddly for the next half an  hour when he thought I wasn't looking. Clearly, bangs are a very deep, philosophical debate to be waged over.

Samuel told me I looked skinnier, younger and my eyes looked lighter. And after he, too, stared at me for a good half an hour, he asked me to take them away and said he didn't like them because they were "different" and "weird."

So I can't count on the men in my life. They are too freaked out.

So it's up to you to talk me out of it or to let me go wild and have a mid-life crisis!

Of course, if I should start wearing aqua eye-shadow, french rolling my jeans and wearing leg warmers with 6 different pairs of differently colored socks, go ahead and just lock me away.

It means I've lost my mind for good this time.

3 comments:

Annie said...

I personally like the bangs!! I think they're fun and exciting! You could totally pull them off!!! Definitely post pictures if you decide to make them real! :)

Charity said...

I think you should try it. I just cut off a bunch of my hair and it just feels nice to try something new.

Unknown said...

Heidi, I say go for it. I think you would beautiful either way! Sometimes it is just fun to change things up a little.
I love you.

Followers