Monday, June 3, 2013

Pinterest

I'm sure most everyone has heard of pinterest. Some people are complete addicts, pinning links every five minutes or some have no interest to pinterest at all! I fall somewhere in between:) I forget about it for a couple of months and then I find several interesting things on it and then I forget about it again.

Lately, I've been trying to make some of the recipes I've pinned on there and have found some really good ones! I thought I'd share:)

A couple weeks ago, I made Avocado, Tomato, Mozzarella Salad and served it with tortilla chips and small quesadillas. It was a big hit with everyone! Z, who loves to eat, said it was his new favorite food. Of course, he says that at least twice a week.....

And this was a brunch/breakfast casserole for Cinnamon Streusal Baked French Toast that my mom first made in Florida and I have since made here. It's yummy!

Tonight Ben actually made dinner, since time was running short and I had a napless little girl to put to bed. We had Parmesan Spinach Orzo and it was really good! None of us have ever had orzo before. It's amazing how different pastas can taste just because of their shape!

I have a few other ones I'm going to try in the next week or so and I'll be sure to post if they turn out well! We are really trying to cut out a lot of meat (not all) from our diet, for health and money reasons so it's going to be interesting to find more meals that are meatless! I would LOVE any and all suggestions and recipes so please do share!
````````````````````````````
Today we had a really great day! Ben unexpectedly switched work days so he was off today which meant I only had one "helper" for grocery shopping. That took all morning and when we got home, we packed up a picnic and spent the afternoon at a park we have only been to a couple of times. It was so fun! It's an amazing park with so much to do. The weather was just gorgeous, not to hot, not too cool and sunny. Can't go wrong with sun!

Tomorrow the kiddos and I are on our own for a long day so hopefully we'll find some good stuff to entertain. I'm thinking of trying this with them. Should be fun!

No comments:

Followers