Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Tidbits

Here we sit, steep in the land of moving. Surrounded by boxes.


Surrounded by packing tape, sharpies and labels. But most importantly....surrounded by lots of stuff that needs to go inside the boxes. There are certain times in my life that I have wished I could be like Jeannie in "I Dream of Jeannie." 

This is one of those times. Wouldn't it be cool to just blink and it all would get done instantly? 
*I made some headway with moving details today, in between contacting our current landlords about a shorting, buzzing wire that we have inside one of our light switches. I might be crazy but...I'm pretty sure that's a fire hazard... And it's in the bedroom where E sleeps. (Formerly known as our bedroom!)

They never called me back.

*This afternoon while I was preparing dinner, the boys sat at the kitchen table doing homework. Real homework for Samuel and "homework" for Zakkai, which consists of practicing his letters in a special workbook we have. He loves having homework like Samuel! He worked very hard and set it aside at dinner, asking if he could do some more homework tomorrow before dinner;)

I should make a video of this to show him when he is a teenager.....

*The boys actually ate salad for dinner tonight! It is something we have been slowly progressing towards. First I would give them the veggies that were in B's and my salad and then I started adding little bits of lettuce on their plates at certain meals (like with tacos) but tonight (a historic moment that I shall forever remember) they actually ate their own bowls of salad!

I had hope that they could eat it after they recently gobbled up TWO big helpings of a salad our good friend, Miss D, brought over recently. Her salad (clearly highly superior to my salad:) always has bits of fruit and nuts in it, which the boys apparently adore!

This day was a long time in coming:) Hip Hip Hooray!

*Not too much else (exciting enough anyways) to report here today.

Off to bed at a decently early hour! This might be a historical moment, too....

1 comment:

Emily S. said...

We could turn Saturday into a packing party! :) Can't wait to see you!!!!

Followers