Sunday, May 22, 2011

The Mask

Today we decided to try out a new church closer to our soon-to-be new home. We had high (ish) hopes for it.

It was nothing like we had pictured (or hoped) it to be. So we probably won't be going back.

Sigh.

This afternoon I got a brief Sunday afternoon nap with Miss E. Aren't Sunday afternoon naps the best?! Eliana woke up so happy and cheery and shortly after she woke up, I picked her up and lifted her up over my head like a flying baby, which she usually loves!

2.4 seconds later, my entire face was covered in a huge nasty mask of spit-up. A mask. I froze for a minute and blindly with my one available eye, handed the baby over to Ben and stumbled for the bathroom. I hoped that it wouldn't be as bad as it felt.

It was bad. Really bad. My entire face, the left side of my hair, in my ear, on my earring, my neck was completely covered in a white mask of curdled vomit. TMI? Oh, I'm sorry!

It's just that weird thing that happens once you become a parent and you can talk about poop, vomit/spit-up and all sorts of nasty bodily fluids without flinching.

You'll have to forgive me. I don't talk to adults much....

We ended our Sunday with a nice walk around the neighborhood, narrowly missing the thunderstorm and our weekly Sunday "Breakfast For Dinner," consisting of Applesauce Breakfast Cake, mini sausages and eggs:)

I love Sunday! Except when I get thrown up on....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh Heidi...wow. Yet another "parent" experience that will soon pass.

Followers