Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day

 Mother's Day. I must say it is so weird to be celebrated on a Day that in my mind, is a day especially set aside for my mother. Am I really old enough for this? (side note: turning 30 this summer = mid-life crisis!)

Zakkai made a very special present for me at preschool this week. He apparently is a very good secret keeper because he brought home his tissue-wrapped gift, specifically wrapped in my favorite color (yellow!), asked Daddy to help him hide it and didn't say another word til today!

He woke up this morning and said, "It is Sunday today. It's Mother's Day! Daddy, can you get my present down so I can give it to mommy?" :)

He presented me with his special gift very proudly and stood by anxiously while I unwrapped it. The tissue paper fell aside and revealed a popsicle stick framed picture of Zakkai made out of clay. He hand-painted it in bright colors, painstakingly printed his name on the bottom and was incredibly proud! It meant the world to me:)

And then he gave me his card in which he drew a picture of Daddy....haha!
````````````````````````````````````````
This afternoon we went on a fun outing to a new park and enjoyed a picnic!
It was a beautiful day here today with the warm sunshine shining! And after we ate Ben and Samuel went across the street to use the bathroom and came back with a bouquet of roses for me:) Such sweet men I have!

 We had so much fun climbing all sorts of ladders...
 Chewing on toys....
 Looking pretty!
 Eating sandwiches..
 Swinging for the very first time ever...
 And the first time this spring!
 Daddy makes swinging even more fun!
 And of course I could not resist the opportunity to get a picture of my three munchkins that made this day possibly for me:) Turned out pretty great if I don't say so myself!
 And then I squeezed in for a shot or two..
And we finished our fun day with some ice cream at Coldstone (free for me!). It was a very special day and one I will treasure!
```````````````````````````````````````````
A very special Happy Mother's Day to my mom and my Grandma. Two very special women whose everyday grace and inner-beauty have shaped me into the woman I am. I am so very blessed to know and love you both and my appreciation for you grows every single year. I love you!

And a Happy Mother's Day to Ben's mom who's sweet, loving heart forever imprinted the life of my husband and made him into the wonderful man, husband and father that he is. You are a lovely woman and very loved by all of us!

2 comments:

grandma said...

oh Heidi how sweet is your tribute to your mom, mother in law, and me. How I love you. You have grown from a very beautiful young lady to a sweet blessed devoted most clever (your blog) that I know. Can not put into words what a wonderful mom you are. I Love You Heidi from your Grandma

Unknown said...

Heidi, once again, as I read your blog, tears come. I love you so much. I am SO GRATEFUL that my son has you for his lifetime companion. (Like I say - he is all yours now :) )
You are an incredible wife, mother, young woman. It is my prayer that God will richly bless you as you grow in Him. I love you. Love the pics at the park.

Followers