Monday, May 30, 2011

MakeOver

I wish I could tell you that I am the one who got a makeover but alas, it isn't true.

Instead my kitchen table and chairs are getting makeovers! Or plastic surgery, whichever you want to call it...


We were given our table and chairs by a friend 4-5 years ago for free. Can't beat that price! They used to be the beloved treasure of a 90 year old lady. As you might be able to tell from the lovely fabric....

I thought about making play clothes out of the cushion fabric for the children and I so we could hang from the trees like in Sound of Music....but there wasn't enough fabric to go around.


Darn.





Phase one of the transformation was a good sanding and a couple of coats of white paint! Already looking much better.....



Then the kiddos and I made a trip to JoAnn's (Have I ever mentioned to you how much I love this store??? Craft-Lover's paradise...) to buy some new fabric. Thankfully the boys and I were able to come to a unified decision:)


We also got some new foam to replace that nasty disinigrating spongy foam that was underneath the equally nasty, shredding fabric, er, I mean lovely vintage fabric that previously covered our chairs.


And for a grand total of $24.40 (all supplies included except labor:), we now have these:






Aren't they pretty??!! (just tell me they are, even if you don't agree, okay? It's good for my ego:) The blue is a little darker than the picture shows but I am so happy with how they turned out!!!


I got all 4 chairs done today and started on the table. I was hoping to get it all done today so I could pack like a crazy woman without interruption tomorrow but despite working like a horse, I wasn't quite able to manage it. Oh well!



I'm pleased! Now I have to go wash the paint off of my toes and out of my hair....

5 comments:

Grandma W said...

WOW!! I am so impressed. So impressed. They look absolutely great. Look like brand new. I love the material you chose. Very, very nice.

grandma said...

I Love your chairs. As you know thats what we did down in Florida. What a difference it makes. I love your material that you chose. How fun a new apt. new dining room. Oh how I wish I could come over too. This arm will not let me. 3 weeks of rehab and may be I will be free of pain. Oh Lord Please.

mommyoflove3 said...

Thank you both!! Gma, I am so sorry your arm is still so bad:( Calling you soon!!

dwilliams said...

those look great!! you are so crafty :D Can't wait to come over and sit in your beautiful new chairs!!

Emily S. said...

They look so great!!

Followers