Wednesday, May 25, 2011

In which you are lucky enough to read my rantings and ramblings:

My extremely valuable thoughts for today:

*Yea, Scotty!! I was a huge American Idol fan for the first few years and have gradually lost interest due to crazy judges (ahem, Paula!) , bad decisions (teeny boppers always keeping the worst contestants on), etc. But I got into it this year (and don't let Ben fool you: he did, too!) and thought it was one of the best seasons yet! I said it here first: Scotty will make it big!

*What is up with the crazy weather? I was talking to my mom the other night, as she was hiding in the closet with my stepdad, 3 cats and 1 puppy, and she told me there have been over 1000 tornadoes this spring in the U.S.! Wow. I am so sad for all the people who have been affected by this.

*I did not enjoy going out to do laundry this morning in the POURING rain but I had put it off long enough that we were out of towels, undies and school uniforms. Definite signs that a good ole' trip to the laundromat is needed! And there was this crazy guy there who came in towards the end of my invigorating experience. He must've been high or something and started yelling at the attendant for quarters; "MISS! I NEED NEW QUARTERS. THESE HERE QUARTERS GONE BAD!" And then he put his one item in the dryer, once he figured out how to use it, went outside into the pouring rain, came back in FIVE minutes later, opened the dryer door and started cussing at the dryer for not drying his clothes yet!

The best part? He slammed the dryer door shut as hard as he could and went outside and screamed really loudly! When I left the laundromat, he was talking at the top of his lungs (not sure to whom...)about how he brushed his teeth this morning....

I heart Chicago.

*Ben went and got me the perfect boxes for books, etc tonight (what a keeper, he is!). The only problem? He got them at the liqueur store (we've heard that is the best place for boxes) and they are covered with pictures of sexy women. Yuck! I'm almost tempted to waste a whole bunch of my time coloring over them with permanent markers or something...

Except I value my time a lot:)

*We were running so late this morning for school that we didn't eat breakfast in time. They now serve (crappy) breakfast at school and up til now I haven't let the boys eat it (seriously...allow me to rant about the breakfast in one moment, please.) but today I let them. Not that I had a choice.

Zakkai burst into tears and howled that he didn't want to eat breakfast at school:) It's been a new routine at CPS schools that I abhor since it has totally messed up the school's morning routine, made teachers snappy at parents and (the part that I am going to rant about...) they serve JUNK to the kids!

They do serve milk each morning, which is a plus and rotten bananas and kids have a choice of cold breakfast or hot breakfast. Things that might be included? Sausage biscuits, cheese sticks, apple juice, graham crackers, eggs with salsa mixed in (Z took one look at that this morning and quickly turned up his nose! It smelled nasty.) and almost every single day...raisin bran.  Seriously? That's the "healthy and nutritious" breakfast they are serving our children every morning?

No. Thanks.

*Let's see....what else can I rant about now that I'm on my soapbox.....:) I have finally, after many hours on the phone, set up all our utilities for the new place. The new landlords (whom I can tell we will love!) called and said are getting a brand-new bathroom before we move in next weekend!! They weren't sure it they could get it done in time but some things fell in place and they were so happy to tell us that. Woohoo!

*Now on to the little people (much more exciting than crazy people, rain and american idol anyways..); Eliana is starting to rock on her hands and knees. Ah! Not ready for this yet! We are going to have to set up some serious lego/small toy rules for the boys. She is reaching for everything around her. We have switched her from rice cereal to oatmeal which she seems to like better and her face has cleared up, thankfully. She is really enjoying life and is so happy and chatty these days!

Zakkai has had a 4 year old 'tude lately. Just when we had high hopes that he had grown out of it.....sigh. He rolls his eyes and yells that he doesn't want to do anything that we ask him to. 4 going on 14. Oh and it's really great when we try to sit him in time-out and he SCREAMS "Ow, ow, no, I don't want to!" at the top of his lungs so it sounds like we are torturing him. I always want to run up to the neighbors and say something like, "I know it sounds like we are pulling out his fingernails one by one but I promise you we are just trying to get him to sit down on the ground in time-out. We're great parents...really!"

I don't know it they would believe us....

Samuel's class is getting all ready for their Kindergarten Celebration (they won't let them graduate anymore..) in a couple of weeks. Sniff!! How is my baby almost done with kindergarten and about to turn SIX?? wow. He reads like a pro, is learning math, can tell time (somewhat), aces his spelling tests, is slowly improving his atrocious handwriting (is that a boy thing?), and loves to write in his journal before bedtime. (his journal entries are ADORABLE and complete with pictures:)
To use Zakkai's newest favorite word: My life is so "instresting!"

No comments:

Followers