Monday, September 27, 2010

A New Week and Zany Zakkai!

Thankfully, we had a good start to our week today! Nevermind the drizzling rain this morning. Even driving in the rain is fun in our "new" Hondyssey! The boys accidentally helped us come up with that one. Samuel said something about our "Hodyssey" which made me laugh and then Ben and I very cleverly came up with "Hondyssey." We have way too much time on our hands...

Samuel is doing GREAT in school! With 3 weeks under his little belt, he was comfortable enough to line up outside with the rest of his class today. His teacher has been so sweet with him, hugging him in the mornings and taking the time to help him adjust. And he LOVES getting homework! I know, record this right? Let's see how he feels in about 10 years.... He gets stickers on a little card for turning in his homework and is so proud.

The only drawback? Homework for him is like homework for us, too! Man, I thought I was done with that stuff! Samuel does come home very tired after a long day. I feel so bad for him because you can visibly see his need to decompress. I have to remind myself to go slow with him and not bug him about what happened at school because he is extra emotional when he's so tired.

Whoever thought almost 6 hours of school for a 5 year old was okay?!

Anyways. Zakkai is loving' being a big kid. He discovered painting at preschool and comes home covered in paint every.single. day. Again, whoever thought white shirts for a school uniform was a brilliant idea for a 3 year old?! Someone with no kids, I say!

Thankfully it's washable paint and as soon as he gets home, he changes clothes and I wash his shirt in the bathtub. He has been bringing home the most vibrant paintings, filled to each edge with color. He very proudly hangs them on the boys' art wall!
``````````````````````````````````````````````````
Speaking of Zakkai....he has done quite a few....well, Zakkai-ish things lately! I have to write this stuff down so I can torture him someday, right?!

He really wants to be helpful, this little man. He hates to be told that he can't help with something but honestly, it's SOOOOO hard to let him help sometimes because I know it means a bigger mess for me! We had friends over last weekend and he desperately wanted to help mop. Finally, after Ben finished most of the mopping, we gave him a mop to mop the bathroom floor with. It was already damp and we figured he couldn't do much damage.

Wrong.

As I was rushing around finishing cleaning and cooking, I suddenly noticed it was too quiet and the bathroom door was closed. I opened it just in time to see Zakkai lift the mop out of the toilet and slosh it on the soaking wet floor! He was "helping" and it's so hard to get upset with him because he means well! I think.

So Ben had to "remop" the bathroom floor with bleach:)

And just the other day, Zakkai decided to "help" us clean off the porch and get rid of all the leaves that have collected on there. He brought a cupful in to show to Ben and Ben told him to throw them away. He did throw the first cupful away. But the second?

Ended up being flushed down the toilet. And clogging it up. And while the toilet was being flushed, he also filled my candle with water and our toothbrush holder.

Never trust Zakkai with water! Or permanent markers. Come to think of it...there are many things he shouldn't be trusted with!

He won't be getting a driver's license until he's at least 20.

Or 30.

No comments:

Followers