Sunday, September 5, 2010

Guests

We've been busy with family in town! My sister and her hubby honor us with a visit every Labor Day weekend and we hang out, playing games, visiting places in Chicago that we don't get to go to very often, laughing, etc.

The boys get so excited they can hardly stand it! They asked me a bazillion times leading up to Friday when Auntie K and Uncle Tim were coming:) We went to Navy Pier yesterday. We finally figured out that we have a bus that stops 2 blocks from our house that goes straight down to Navy Pier! It was a gorgeous day yesterday, 69 degrees and sunny, and we enjoyed it watching the boats and all the people.

```````````````````````````````````````````````````````
On Friday afternoon, we went to meet Samuel's new kindergarten teacher. I have been praying all summer for a teacher he could really connect with and feel comfortable since transition can be so difficult for him and he is so nervous.

His teacher was nice and told him a little bit about what they will be doing this year, although she is still pretty unorganized. She taught 2nd grade last year and I worry about her making the transition from older, more independent kids to younger kids just coming out of preschool. She said she is all about independence and there is nothing wrong with that, as long as she realizes she is dealing with barely 5-6 year olds!! We aren't even allowed to walk them into their classroom; instead leaving them outside their door in a line. It makes me so sad to not be able to settle Samuel in especially on the first day!

I'm not sure after our meeting whether I feel better or not about this year but I do know that I can trust God to care for my precious son and protect his sweet heart. And I'll have to trust Him with my heart, too...

1 comment:

grandma said...

Dear precious Heidi, My heart hurts for you not knowing what to think about new teacher and your wonderful S boy. The Lord will show you if this is right in the next few weeks we will be praying.

Followers