Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Disappointments

I'm guessing that we are just in one of those growing seasons. Seems like we've been "growing" for the past 9-10 months! Can a girl catch a break here?

Once again, it was a no-go with the car. Everything looked great but that's why we always get the cars checked out by a mechanic (even though the dealers swear their car is the best thing since sliced bread!) Bottom line, Ben gets in the van today and it smelled horribly like mildew (never a good sign). They drove it up to us yesterday with the A/C blasting and opened all doors. Hmmm...cover up? And then it had transmission issues all of the sudden today. Inspection was a dud so my dear husband, ever trying to protect our family, said "No way, Jose."

I am weary beyond words. These past couple of months have taken their toll on me! I really have to look at what is in front of me and be thankful for the wonderful things I do have like Ben and my sweet boys and our new neighborhood, good teachers, etc. Not to mention, how much we are looking forward to meeting our little princess:)
I know soon we will look back on all of this stress and transition in our life and see all of the good things that were working behind the scenes that we just couldn't see yet.  That's always the way it is!
`````````````````````````````````````````
School is going well. We are having a much better week there! Samuel is getting used to the routine and is becoming great buddies with his teacher. He is so proud to be learning new things and LOVES showing me what's in his folder each afternoon!

Zakkai talked NON-STOP on our walk home from school this morning about the fire drill they had. Seriously, I was worn out from listening to him after a 20 min walk home and a whole recital all over again during lunch. I was practically begging him to finish lunch so I could put him down for nap!:) He was very excited to tell it all again to Ben....

I am LOVING my 2 hours of quiet Heidi time in the mornings! It is amazing to get home to.....nothing! I clean up from breakfast, putter around straightening up things, sit down and read...It is truly refreshing for me and renews my energy to pick up my boys and hear all about their busy day with new friends and fire drills and whatnot:)

My favorite verses these days:
"Because of the Lord's great love, we are not consumed; for His compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is Your faithfulness. I say to myself, "The Lord is my portion; therefore I will wait for Him. The Lord is good to those whose hope is in Him, to the one who seeks Him."
Lamentations 3:22-25

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this verse, Heidi...it is Zachariah's life verse that we've chosen for him. I just finished reading through Lamentations today, and wow, what a depressing book it is. But these verses shine forth with such hope as we remember the God we serve! You are in my thoughts and prayers! -Love,
Melissa

Angela Kim said...

my friend...i'm sorry things have been so hard. i am praying for a miracle for you in the car department. and for renewed hope and energy to continue the pursuit. how exhausting. love to you, -angela

Followers