Monday, August 23, 2010

The best of Monday randomness

* Well, we are still checking out cool minivans:) We went out Saturday and saw 3 Odysseys. One smelled like a farm on the inside (seriously, what in the world did those people do in there?!), one was speckled with brown all over the inside roof (but the salesman pretended he didn't see it), and the other was pretty nice; just a strange color (sometimes blue, green or gray)! The salesman obviously had no idea about vans and had no personality either. He wasn't happy when we told him we weren't buying that day and might be back. We tried another place but they were all out of Siennas so that didn't work! And then we were exhausted and came home and ate cereal for dinner:) We'll try again soon..

*Oh, and thought and breathed car stuff so much this past weekend (so many little details to figure out) that I dreamt about it two nights in a row and woke up exhausted. So ready for this to be done!

*Zakkai has reversed pooping on the potty and either holds it in and then claims he had diarrhea in his pull-up and couldn't control it (right..)or poops while he's sleeping! Go figure. Haven't figured out what to do about that one. The past few nights he's spent some time on the potty reading books claiming he has to go. And then when he's done with the books, he says he didn't have to go after all. I think he just really wants to stay up a little longer:) I'm smart like that, catching onto his ploys...

*Samuel was very worried tonight that he hasn't figured out what he wants to be when he grows up! Maybe he felt pressure because Z already "knows" what he wants to do. I told S that he had plenty of time to decide and that God would show him just what he is supposed to be when the time is right! He says he just might want to be a tow-truck driver but he's not sure yet...

*It was so cool last night that I actually slept with covers on for the first time in about 2 months! It was glorious! (And I slept 10 hours and got up to go to the bathroom 4 times. Fun!) And it was cool enough this morning/evening that I even felt like cooking! I cannot wait for the fall! Hot soups, fresh bread, apple-licious treats from the apple picking.....mmmm..

*Ben did all the dishes tonight and took out the trash without me even asking! What a fine husband I married:)

*We had grilled steak (not the expensive kind!) and roasted veggies (potatoes, red and orange peppers, zucchini and carrots) tonight. It was so good that the boys even requested more of the roasted veggies, including zucchini. I should've taken a picture...

*Zakkai has actually decided he likes bread for the first time in his life! He ate 2 small pieces tonight. Who is this child?

*I am starting to get into organization/nesting mode! And I am organizing very random strange things (like tearing out pages from magazines to file in my folder and getting rid of the magazines...). Important? No. But it makes me feel happy. Now if we can just find a dresser to put all the clothes and things in that Baby E is acquiring before she takes over our bedroom!

*1 week until Ben starts teaching; 11 days until my sister and her hubby make their annual Labor Day visit!; 2 weeks until school starts for the boys; 4 1/2 weeks until apple picking; 10 (maximum~do you hear that baby?!) until Baby is due!

*I finally emptied our trunk of random things we have been carrying around for 2 months! Things to give to various people or dontate, etc. Do you ever do that? And then it feels so good to get that little stuff that hangs over you done!

Well, now that you so delightfully caught up on the randomness of me, I'll say goodnight!

2 comments:

Charity said...

I always feel like if the car salesman isn't absolutely awesome, I refuse to buy a car from him, even if there is a good car on his lot. Maybe I'm stubborn, but I just feel like a bad salesperson just doesn't deserve the sale and that I want to give that sale to someone that actually helps us make a good decision. Oh, and we had a good laugh about how your boys are such polar opposites! So cute. And we are excited here in TX that it has cooled all the way down to 85!!! Down from 108 yesterday, we are actually feeling a little chilly. ;) Don't know how we got through the past 2 weeks with a broken air conditioner. Hoping the air conditioner gets fixed some time this week.

Annie said...

Z's reversed pooping on the potty issue reminds me of last year working at the early childhood center! A lot of the kids there would do the same thing and my supervisor (the social worker) explained that it's a control thing. They realize that it's one thing that they DO have control over in their lives so they take advantage of that! Her advice to parents was to drop the pressure to "perform" and usually they would grow out of the phase. I remember it so vividly because it seems like having poo in your pants is the worst thing in the world, but for whatever realize, those little ones are okay with it as long as they get the control! :) Just have to smile sometimes, I guess! Hope Z grows out of it as well...and hopefully soon!!!

Followers