Friday, December 26, 2014

Merry Christmas!


We are very tired over here from all the Christmas festivities and poor Ben had to go off to work today. Hi ho, hi ho....

Eliana was still quite sick early Christmas Eve morning and I thought for sure we were going to be staying here at home the next couple of days. I got back in bed after getting up with her for the 2nd time at 2am and her fever was 102.5. I prayed and told God how sad I was that we would have to miss Christmas and amazingly when she woke up at 8, her fever had broken and she said, "I feel better, Mommy!" Hallelujah!

We did go to Christmas Eve services that night, although in hindsight it was a little too soon for Eliana to be out. She was an absolute mess after we got home. She ate a few bites of dinner, refused a cookie and went to bed.


I begged for a family photo while we were dressed in our nice clothes and they were gracious to me! Here I was testing out the settings. I love the boys faces!


Merry Christmas!!

 Christmas morning~our very first morning in our own home for Christmas!!! I forbade the boys from opening stockings before 7am because I was still remembering last year when they were up at 1am giggling over their treasures....This year, at 7am and 3 seconds, we heard them get up and open their stockings! Eliana slept in a little, which was good so we were all there when she opened hers.


Daddy getting a Christmas hug from Zakkai:) Z is wearing one of his new pairs of pj pants I made! I let them open those on Christmas Even so they have something cozy to wear!


Then we went downstairs and did 2 of the 3 last readings for our Jesse Tree. There was a lot of reading for Christmas Day! We did the last section in Luke 2 at my mom's with everyone. After our Jesse tree, we opened presents! The boys each got a Lego set and a big set of Roald Dahl books and Eliana got a Nutcracker book and a big coloring book and wooden paper doll set. Her Lego set isn't out in the stores yet so she is waiting patiently. Can you guess which set it is??


Then the kiddos got one big Lego set as an extra gift, thanks to a sweet person we know! Love, love their faces!

They were so surprised!! haha:)

Ben was reading through a little art book I got him on Van Gogh, his newest favorite painter! He is concentrating hard:)



Then we went to my mom's house where we had a yummy brunch! Cinnamon rolls, eggs, fruit salad, sausage, candied pecans and hot apple cider! mmm... Then we finished our Jesse Tree reading and passed out presents! Zakkai opening up a book:)

Boo, my mom's kitty got a present, too. He was sitting in the middle of the wrapping, hoping to play! The pug in the background is named Peanut and she belongs to my stepdad's brother.


Cheese! She had THE runniest nose all day, thanks to whatever sickness she had. We just tried to keep her from getting too close to people. Her nose was so sore by the end of the night!


Evy's very favorite present was an Elsa doll from her daddy! The same doll that Eliana got for her birthday from Grandma.


Samuel, having a great time!

Ben and my Grandpa:)
 My Grandma, my stepdad peeking out and his brother, Robb. Don't forget Winston doggy looking so regal from the couch!

My mom worked her fingers to the bone to make robes for all 10 of her grandchildren this Christmas! They all LOVED them. She made them big enough to last for a few years, which I am sure she is relieved about! All the pockets have some special embroidery on them like Elsa on Eliana's, a fancy Z on Zakkai's, a princess crown on Evy's, etc. Love this picture!

We hung around for a little while and then went back home for Christmas naps. (Love how on Christmas day, you can put the word "Christmas" in front of any other word and make it sound exciting. Do you want some Christmas cider? How about a little Christmas nap? Oh, here's a Christmas chore for you to do! Don't forget my Christmas hug!)

The boys ran upstairs to finish putting together their new Lego sets, I made some food for the afternoon, Ben relaxed and Eliana took a much needed nap. Then we were off to the 2nd Christmas party of the day with the whole family!

It was so nice! We were a smaller group this year, only about 21 of us this year. My aunt and uncle went fancy this year with beautiful decorations and even a long row of tables set up with china dishes and real silverware!! It was really lovely and fun for all of us to sit and talk to each other. We all loved it!

We ended with our fun gift in the middle game and got home way too late, about 9pm. Our kiddos were exhausted!! We are hanging low today, letting them play and relax before Christmas with Grandma (B's mom) tonight!

Happy Christmas marathon!
\

2 comments:

grandma said...

Boy are we tired or what today..I love that picture of Grandpa and the kiddos Is there any way you could send it to me..I would love a picture of it..Didn't we have a great Christmas..Heidi thank you for all your help..I saw you out in the kitchen..You and Brenna where such help for Aunt Marcy...Bless you

Aunt Terri said...

I love seeing the pictures of yall at Christmas time! And my Dad's fingers look better than I imagined them...I didn't know what to expect.
I pray all of the family has a happy New Year; without drama....more peaceful. Flowing with abundance of blessings!

I'm glad Eliana was well enough for all your festivities.. ��

Followers