Monday, December 17, 2012

Keeping Busy!

 It was not easy to send my boys off to school today. They were in my thoughts and prayers throughout the entire day. How could they not be? One way I found to keep my thoughts occupied was to let my Fissy Girl do something I am ashamed to say she has never done before.



Paint! Isn't that awful? I felt really guilty recently when I realized that I have done very little in the way of arts and crafts with her, unlike with the boys when they were little. Of course, granted, she just turned 2 and I still have plenty of time. Starting now!


She wasn't even totally sure what to do at first, just mixing paint around. But soon I got her going and she ended up painting 3 pictures, even her hands by the end:)


The boys had their last swimming lesson of the session yesterday afternoon! Here's Zakkai swimming down the lane. The teacher accidently put him in the second lane (more advanced), thinking he was Samuel (who just got moved to second lane a few weeks ago.) He worked so hard to keep up and the teacher apologized once she realized her mistake. He just has a little more work to do before he gets to move up for good!


Samuel doesn't enjoy swimming lessons, as he hasn 't been on friendly terms with water most of his life. For obvious reasons though, swimming lessons are required by me! The instructor said he is very timid but slowly making progress:)

We have a busy week ahead of us with the last week of school before break and getting ready to travel this weekend. Hard to believe that Christmas is a week away, isn't it?

1 comment:

muggalove said...

As always, I love the pics! Looking forward to seeing you in a few days! Love you

Followers