Sunday, January 31, 2010

Ye-owza!

Ciao! I am sitting here with my dying computer and unfortunately, too much energy for it being almost 8 o'clock. I was trying wean myself off the Tylenol with codeine because it was messing with my stomach but it's been well, honestly a miserable day in the mouth department. Soreness is settling in everywhere. (I would show you pictures but I'm afraid you would never ever speak to me again or visit this blog again:) It's pretty ugly.) The bruising is showing up, too. My dr said I could blame it on him if anyone asks, not Ben:) Too bad I don't wear make-up...I would have no idea how to cover this up anyways!

Moving on. The boys are being so sweet and careful not to touch my face or bump me. They give me the sweetest, gentlest kisses on my cheeks before they go to bed and remind each other to be careful with mommy's face:)

Ben is being so amazing to me! He has quite redeemed himself from the stomach flu I had a couple of weeks ago when he refused to get near me with a 10 foot pole. Ahem. He is calling himself the "nurse in residence" and is waiting on me hand and foot! He tries to tempt my sore mouth to eat all kinds of yummy soups and mashed potatoes and oatmeal and....oh, who am I kidding! Yummy? I am already sick of these darn "soft" foods and it's only been 3 days! Bring on some steak and...ouch, never mind. The point is: I love my sweet husband and am very thankful for him!
`````````````````````````````````````````
Sometimes we ask the boys what they are going to dream about before they go to bed and Zakkai has really gotten into it lately. He thinks it's so much fun to be told he can dream about Christmas lights or chocolate (I have no idea who would've said that!). So now each night, it's all I can do to get the bedroom door closed within 10 minutes after kisses because he's still calling out, "And and you can dream about the wall! And the lights. And the....and the stickers. Mommy, mommy, you can dream about Rays and the lamp. The yellow lamp and the tall lamp. And..." And I slowly shut the door and it gets darker and darker and I edge out little by little and he is still calling, "Mommy! And you can dream about Thomas and the dresser and the lights (again) and light bulbs and toys..."
Goodnight, boys!

(A painting by Georgia O'Keefe from the Art Institute)

Well, I thought I'd check in and let you know that we're hanging in there and looking forward to healing and birthdays and fun stuff this next month! I must run because my computer cord has bitten the dust and my computer has approximately 6 minutes at this rate before it dies for good.

Thank goodness another cord is on the way and should be here tomorrow! Ciao again:)

1 comment:

muggalove said...

good job, Ben! Keep feeding Heidi all those mushy foods.

Followers