Saturday, January 23, 2010

Our Day

We decided that we wanted to begin our weekend with another illness. This time we chose pink-eye because you know we haven't been sick enough lately. Boy, I love preschool! What's next? Lice?! (Ugh! I shudder at the thought!)

Poor Samuel just can't seem to catch a break. I had to drag him to the dr.'s today, which he reeeeaallllly hated. Really. We had to work hard to convince him that there were no shots involved. It was much easier to take him to the dr.s when he was an unassuming baby. Ah, those were the days....So after a trip to the drs and a pharmacy trip gone bad, we made it home with some eye drops in hand and a bottle of bleach to kill whatever is infesting this house.

The boys caught up on the news while I made them dinner:

Oh, did I mention it was the comics?

Veeerrry important information in there!

2 going on 20.

"Let's see what the top story of the day is..."
So after the boys caught up on the headlines and ate, Samuel and I engaged in a battle of the wills to get eye drops in his eyes. I won. But it sounded like he was being tortured and I can only hope the neighbors didn't hear a thing. Zakkai patted Samuel's head reassurringly and probably picked up a few germs in the process.
I tucked the boys in (Ben is gone for the evening) and sat down to enjoy a book and some good old fashioned hot chocolate.



The perfect way to end a day: Ghirardeli hot chocolate with lots of whipped cream. And then some more whipped cream. And some peace and quiet to refresh my soul.
Goodnight Saturday.

No comments:

Followers