Friday, January 29, 2010

Alive!

I just wanted to update quickly to say that I am doing okay. I had my gum graft harvest surgery yesterday afternoon. It took about an hour and went "beautifully" as the surgeon put it:) It was the weirdest feeling ever to have a completely numb lower jaw!

I still can't talk very easily and am very swollen and just starting to bruise. In fact, my dear loving husband called me "Gomer Pile" today. Remember him from Andy Griffith with the lower jaw stuck out? Hmph!

I've got some lovely pain meds to help me keep on top of the pain. It was a rough night last night and this morning but I am incredibly relieved to be done with the surgery and on my way to healing!

Still not eating too much. My hunger pains war with my sore painful chin and usually my mouth wins. I am reduced to eating my food with the boy's baby spoons! So far I have attempted oatmeal, mashed potatoes and chicken noodle soup. Oh and a delightful protein shake thrown in for good measure:)

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers!! All my boys are taking good care of me:)

No comments:

Followers