Monday, January 25, 2010

Technical Difficulties

It's no wonder I have headaches every day with all of the little things going on in my life!! Yesterday was one of those "terrible, horrible, no good, rotten days" beginning with me starting to come down with pink eye, our internet going bad, Z throwing up all over the house, fighting with Samuel to get eye drops in, etc.

I just came from a long hot bath, hoping to soak away a little stress only to find that my computer outlet adapter may be going bad. And if it does, I'm outta business! Ugh! Just one of those seasons, I guess, where God tries to teach you patience:)

Today's thoughts in random order:

1. Not so scared about my upcoming surgery on Thursday anymore. My housegroup prayed for me last week and I haven't been afraid since. Maybe slightly nervous sometimes but I'm sure I'll be okay.

2. I bought some gigantic bottles of shampoo and conditioner at Cosco today and I'm hoping I don't drop one in the shower and break my toe. I'm pretty sure it would hurt. A lot. The last time I broke my toe was 2 or 3 days before my sister's weddding. I had to walk down the aisle barefoot. I hope no one noticed...

3. I'm obsessed with Scholastic book order forms. Got some new ones from Samuel's teachers and couldn't resist ordering some more books. Who can resist books for a dollar or two? Seriously! I was deliriously happy when I ordered online and got to pick a free book.

4. Have decided to give potty training an effort again after we were forced into it yesterday when we ran out of diapers. Zakkai was very proud when he pooped on the potty and he looks so darn cute in his underwear! Will take this process slow though and start with the afternoons. Of course, I should change my mind since he peed on the couch today and wait until he's 5 to potty train. Yes, definitely 5....

5. I feel so much better when I make myself workout even when I don't want to. Definitely makes me feel less guilty about a snitch of chocolate or two throughout the day. That's not canceling out the workout completely, is it? I should be rewarded for my efforts, right? Right.

6. Speaking of working out, I realized that my Shred DVD was in our old broken DVD player that we threw out after getting a new one for Christmas. I was very sad. For Jillian. For myself. Mostly for myself. Because the Shred was awesome and molded me into the body builder that I am today. Snort. But Shred really is awesome.

7. I realize after not having the internet for a day and a half how spoiled I really am. It was hard, really hard to remember 82 times throughout the day that I couldn't get on and check email or facebook, update my blog, play a game or two...It was probably good for me to take a break. It's kind of nice to be out of touch with the modern world for a bit. Maybe I should do it more often! Maybe...

8. SUPER excited that we might get a family vacation this year. I desperately need a break from things and we've never gone away as a family. We spend every break or "vacation" time traveling to see family (not that we don't adore our families!!!!!) and it ends up being so busy that we come back more tired. I think we will go visit my grandparents in Florida. They've had a condo down there for years and we've never been! I wish with all of my heart that we had enough money to go to SeaWorld or Disney World for one day.

9. Do you have any idea how darn expensive it is to go to Sea World or Disney World for one measly day? Almost $300 dollars for 2 adults and 2 children. Seriously!! Isn't that ridiculous? They should make coupons or something! Maybe someday we can do something like that. It would be so fun.

10. Speaking of fun, I'm off to bed. Aren't I old these days? Speaking of old (can you tell my mind is a bit frazzled?), my dear beloved husband is about to turn the big 3-0! 30! Yes, I know 30 really isn't old but it represents true adulthood to me. People have to take you seriously when you're 30. You've left behind the wild 20s (not that we had wild 20s), the days of dating and college. No wait, get this. I knew Ben in ALL of his 20s. Isn't that wild? He was 19 1/2 when we started dating! I've known him a whole decade! I'm getting old!

11. I need some chocolate. Gosh, it's beginning to sound like I have an addiction or something....Nah...


1 comment:

Charity Yoder said...

Yeah, I'm so glad you decided to visit Grandma and Grandpa in FL. You will have so much fun lazing around at the pool and sipping tea in the screened in porch.

Followers