Monday, October 12, 2009

Monday

Dear Body,

I am so sorry that you have suffered for 13 days now. If only I had taken better care of you. I have let you suffer long enough and I just wanted to ask you to hang on for a little while longer. Please? I need you! Help is on the way. Do you hear me? Help.Is.On.The.Way.

I have drugs, body. Drugs are good. I know people say they are bad for you but trust me, just this once. Soon you will feel better and then I will pamper you. No more stress. More chocolate and baths; everyday if you want!

Just stay with me for a little while longer.
Love,
Me

`````````````````````````````````````````````````````
I took the boys out to the playground for a little while today to get some of their energy out. They have lot and lots and lots of energy that they have been storing up for the past 2 weeks. First they spent 10 minutes jumping off the steps of our front entrance while I stopped to chat with someone. Then when I released them into the wild...er, the playground, they were crazy! They were running and jumping and falling and finally spent most of the time rolling on the grass like to happy puppy's. I'm just surprised they didn't run around sniffing everything and peeing on trees!
`````````````````````````````````````````````````````
My friend Jennifer had a brilliant idea, as usual, to put a timer on her little girl's light so that when it comes on in the morning, she knows she's allowed to get up. She is letting me use her extra timer to try it with the boys.

Last night I got it all set up and told them that there is a special light in their room and it will come on in the morning when it's time to wake up but if it isn't on, then it's still sleepytime and they need to lay quietly and sleep! (or try anyways:)

So my alarm went off at 6:45am so I could talk myself into getting up and exercising and I waited nervously for any signs of life stirring on the monitor. Their light was timed to come on at 7am and within a couple of minutes, Zakkai burst into tears and started calling for me. Not quite what I hoped for!

Samuel was ecstatic that he stayed in bed asleep until the "special light" came on. He LOVES it! Zakkai...loved it after he woke up some more:) I think I might have solved the problem though. I bought a dimmer lightbulb and switched lamps so it's a smaller lamp. I drew the curtains of their barrier around the area so hopefully it'll be soft enough that if they aren't awake yet, it won't bother them. I also moved the timer to 7:05am. Hey, 5 minutes is 5 minutes! I'm hoping to maybe set it for at least 7:15am each day and train them to sleep in a little longer. Hey, maybe I should go for 8 o'clock!

Or maybe not:)
```````````````````````````````````````````````
As we were chatting with someone today on our way to the playground, they forgot that little people were listening (even if they don't look like they are listening, they are!) and let some naughty words slip out. I held my breath, hoping against all hope....until I heard Samuel say (and you will never hear me say this outloud!:),
"What's p*ssed mean, mommy?"
"Nothing, Samuel, nothing at all....."

It could've been worse.
Happy Monday!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's a good idea!

Followers