Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Apples n' Boys

As I write this, I am savoring a bite of hot apple dumpling covered in a flaky homemade crust with a scoop of vanilla ice cream melting over the top. Hey, not everything you bake with apples has to be healthy, right? Yeah, I'll be working out in the morning. But it was worth every bite....
``````````````````````````````````````````
Speaking of apples....last night at dinner we were having a conversation with the boys about what they want to be when they grow up. It pretty much consisted of us throwing out every profession we could think of with Samuel saying "No" to each one and Zakkai swallowing his huge mouthfuls of food and saying, "What else?!"

So far they do NOT want to be a: doctor, nurse, professor, mail carrier, construction worker, architect, business or salesman, teacher, athelete, chef and on and on and on. Samuel had something really special in mind. You ready?

Samuel wants to be a professional....apple cutter. You heard it right here! Not an apple orchard owner or a farmer....an apple cutter. This boy's got dreams!!
``````````````````````````````````````````
The timer on the boys' light is working well! After a couple so-so attempts, this morning there was blessed peaceful silence until 7:05am when I finally heard the happy chirping of my chickadees! 7:08 anyone?
`````````````````````````````````````````
Today, Zakkai was in the midst of a terrible nap (hasn't been napping so well since he was sick) and Samuel was getting bored and he was pestering me about if Zakkai was waking up and he said, "Is my best friend going to wake up soon, Mommy?" Melt. My. Heart. It has been one of my deepest desires and prayers that my boys would have a close relationship and be best friends. So despite the toy fighting and shrieking that goes on between them, there is also lots of love.

Maybe Zakkai can hold the apples while Samuel cuts them:)

2 comments:

grandma said...

Hi,The apple dumplings sound so good. could you email me that recipe and if you have a apple crisp one too. I made one and it wasn't so good. Still love your blog.

Anonymous said...

They do sound good, thanks for emailing me the recipe. Did you remember to take a picture for us to drool over or did you eat them too fast? :)

Followers