Friday, May 29, 2009

I've Been Shredded.

Jillian Michaels has kicked. my. rear. Oh, yes. I've been hobbling around like an old lady a'groanin' and moanin' all day! And this is all from yesterday's workout:)

I first began my working out adventure last May. I have never worked out. Never! I was definitely not the athletic sort back in high school. I much preferred quieter pursuits like playing my piano, reading and hanging with my best friend. Very exciting. But Ben's health was rapidly declining last year due to severe sinus issues (and other things) and he started a crazy diet and started working out a lot and I got motivated to take care of myself! You see, you can be thin and not be in shape! I've had no trouble losing any baby weight after my two boys but I've never been in good shape. We have been gradually improving our eating habits over the past few years to include lots of fresh veggies and fruits, less processed foods and whole grain breads. There is nothing like having kids to make you want to change! But exercise is important, too!

I was SO faithful in working out from the time I decided to go for it last May. I do not go to a gym. There's a few problems with that for me: 1. Money 2. My kids 3. I don't know what the heck I'm doing with all those crazy machines! So, it was exercise DVDs for me! I have several Kathy Smith DVDs that I like to workout to (cheesy 80s music and all:) like a Step workout and one of my favorites, a kickboxing one!

Anyways, faithful to working out 3-4 times a week up until my back injury in January. It's amazing how quickly you can lose all that you worked so hard for! I am starting the 30 day Shred, determined to kick myself back into gear! I'll post from time to time and let you know how I'm coming along on my journey to a rockin', in shape, I-want-to-live-past-50 body!! For now, I'm just trying to find the motivation to hobble off to bed:)

No comments:

Followers