Sunday, May 17, 2009

I have been Mommyfied

My brain is mush. Really. It is so hard for me to remember normal everyday things, let alone birthdays, special events, people's names. Not just stranger's names either....I can barely call my own two children and husband by the right names. Ben? Samuel? Whoever you are...I can't remember simple words or how to spell. Passwords? Forget it...that's why I have a whole page in a notebook devoted to all my passwords for websites.

Phone number? No way! That's what your phone contact list is for. Grocery needs? I hope I wrote it down on the list...Rent's due on what day? Programmed in my phone. You think I'm kidding? It scares me sometimes how "mushy" my brain is! Here I am living in a highly academic community with REALLY smart friends and not to mention my genius husband and me? My brain's been mommyfied.

I'm determined to help my poor soggy brain though. Yes, sir! I am re-organizing my life. More structure, goals and....what was I talking about? See, mommifying in action. I have to write lists to remember my lists. I even ask my children to help me remember things! You know it's bad when you ask your husband, who can barely remember to tell his mother the important details of his life, to start reminding you to do things. I need help!

My name is Heidi and I have been mommyfied.

No comments:

Followers