Thursday, May 21, 2009

Mother Clements

Do you ever have a run in with someone that you just feel was a divine meeting? It might sounds silly but I had one yesterday. I was taking a walk with the boys to a friend's house, kind of worried about something and praying and we got stopped by these two older ladies. They were helping each other out of their car and upon spotting the boys, immediately started gushing over them! I, of course, did not mind stopping for some admiration for my boys! It always makes me feel incredibly blessed when people compliment them!

So we stopped and these two ladies started talking about how they were volunteers at Mercy Hospital two days a week and how much they loved cheering people up and making a difference. They had THE most beautiful smiles and honestly, their pure souls just shone with the light of Jesus. I could tell from only a few minutes in the conversation that they knew Him! So I commented to one of them, she was older and VERY tiny, what a gift from God it was that they were blessing others. They LIT up and nothing came out of their mouths but praises!

The tiny lady proceeds to inform me that she just had her 97th birthday! I thought I heard wrong and my mouth dropped open; very unladylike! I told her I didn't believe her! She was incredibly beautiful, with braided white hair, smooth brown skin, blazing white teeth (had to be dentures!) and so bright-eyed! The other lady with she was her daughter and they lived together and volunteered together.

Mary Ellen, the mother, told me they call her Mother at the hospital and send her in to rooms with patients feeling discouraged or hurting and she brightens up their day with her smile. She has NO arthritis and is saving a little piece of her birthday cake, with the number 97 written on it, in her freezer to take out next year and eat on her 98th birthday. She told me to look for her on the Smucker's show where they highlight people who turned 100.

Mary Ellen, I'll be looking for you on tv in 3 years! I want to be just like you when I get older! Bright smiles, glowing eyes and shining with the love of Jesus! We parted and I was blessed to receive hugs and kisses from both of them and blessings over me as a mother. What a gift!

No comments:

Followers