Sunday, May 3, 2009

Date Night!

We were incredibly blessed with a date night last night! Dating is EXTRA special once you have kids. It gives you a chance to have dinner without interruptions every 5 seconds, without getting up to refill cups and plates, and to have "adult" conversation. I love my family dinners but I also LOVE me some hubby-time!!

We went to a restaurant called L. Woods. One word: DELICIOUS. We got out of the city (of course, we did pass a man peeing on a tree on the way which totally confirmed our decision to LEAVE the neighborhood for the evening!), went to a new area and wined and dined. Without the wine part:)

I cannot even tell you how good this food was. I'll give it a try though, purely for your torturement (pretty sure I just made that word up) because that's how nice I am! For starters, we ordered their signature chopped salad to share. A small is big enough for THREE people, which is why we had leftovers today (although I would not recommend salad the next day....yeah...). I LOVE chopped up salad! There was lettuce, bacon, other green things, little noodles....just little things all chopped up. Yum.

Entree? Ben picked a nice manly meal of steak. It would've been outstanding considering it was top quality beef and practically melted in your mouth if it had not had peppercorns all over it. (um, not a fan). Ben would totally disagree with me which is why he will not be adding to my food editorial. Let's just suffice it to say that he thoroughly enjoyed his manly steak and baked potato.

I got the Parmesan crusted Cod. Oh. My. Goodness. (skip this paragraph if you're allergic to fish). I have never had fish that melted in my mouth and tasted nothing like...fish! I mean, fish has a certain fishy taste, am I right? I don't know where they caught this cod fish but he made a delicious dinner! Lots of crusty parmesan all over with seasonings and served over lemon butter. It was so rich, I couldn't even finish it! Thankfully, fish is good for you, especially when covered with parmesan cheese and lying on a bed of lemon butter, right? Right?! Oh fine. The french fries made an excellent counterpart though. (yeah, I'm cool like that:)

And who couldn't follow up such an amazing meal with dessert! Three words: Chocolate Gooey Cake (fresh from the oven). I just don't even know if I can describe the thick chocolate fudgy richness that poured out of this chocolate cake that we covered in fresh whipped cream.....so I won't even try. I wouldn't want to make you jealous or anything.

Date night anyone?

No comments:

Followers