Sunday, December 5, 2010

Snow!

I have been so foggy in my sleep-deprived brain that I haven't been able to think about blogging, let alone do many things that need to be done around the house! My Little Miss and her 5 day funk have take a lot out of me! She has slept better today so I can only pray she will sleep better tonight....But even when I feel really frustrated, she looks up at me with her dark, intense eyes and her sweet round fat cheeks and I can breathe again and know we will get through this, even if it is one day at a time! She is so sweet:)

Yesterday in the middle of the night, after a feeding, I stumbled out to peek out the window and see if the predicted snow was really falling. It was!  There is nothing like soft, pure white snow falling on a still and quiet world. It is so peaceful and beautiful!

The boys were so excited to see the snow when they woke up and spent most of the morning out on our porch, shoveling the snow with their sand toys and made a little sand castle. And this afternoon we all went out to the park to play in the snow. The boys had SO much fun (and that includes Ben!!). Their cheeks were so rosy and they tromped around in their boots, looking like overstuffed snowmen:) Ben built a huge snowcastle and let the boys knock it down, which they did with great relish!

Then we all came back and thawed out with hot chocolate! Except Eliana, of course:) She got to have her very first bottle, which failed miserably! She looked really surprised at first and then after several minutes, protested quite loudly that she didn't know what the heck Ben was trying to do to her but she wanted NONE of it!! We'll try again soon. He has really been looking forward to feeding her so I felt bad for him.

And now, I leave you with an awesome pancake recipe! Really. Awesomely delicious.

GOOD OLD FASHIONED PANCAKES
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 TB white sugar
1 1/4 cups milk
1 egg
3 TB butter, melted
1 tsp vanilla

Preparation:
1. In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Make a well in the center and pour in milk, egg, melted butter and vanilla. Mix until smooth.


2. Heat a griddle over medium high heat. Pour batter onto griddle, approx 1/4 cup each and cook until lightly browned on both sides! I would highly recommend using a griddle over a frying pan, as they turn out a lot nicer.
*My mom added blueberries to hers and sprinkled cinnamon-sugar on the top before flipping.
They are SO good!!

No comments:

Followers