Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Christmas 2010

It was with some guilt that I totally ignored my blog for the past week! But, hey, who has time to blog when they are traveling 7 hours, spending their first day of vaca sick, going to FIVE Christmas parties/events and going back home again? Not me!

Our Christmas break in a nutshell:

~Had a hard time shaking the leftovers of my flu and spent last Thursday feeling really crummy:( But thankfully felt great the rest of the trip!

~Thankful that no one else in my family got the flu esp after being exposed a second time by my sister's family (who, very sadly, ALL came down with the flu on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day)

~Had Christmas parties on Friday, 2 on Saturday, 1 on Sunday and 1 on Monday! Whew!

~Eliana started sleeping FANTASTICALLY after a crappy day on Thursday. She slept between 6-7 hours a night the last 4 nights! Andmayormaynothavedonethatinhercarseat3times....ahem. I'm hoping she'll keep going with this!

~Ate lots of yummy food. Lots. Yummy.

~Made snowman cookies with my mom that were not only cute but very good!

~Had a girls' day out on Monday that consisted of a trip to my very favorite accessories store, Charming Charlie's, and lunch at the Cheesecake Factory (minus the cheesecake) and a quick run to Auntie Ann's with my sis. It was Eliana's first girl's day:)

~Enjoyed 2 days meeting my mom's new Basset Hound Puppy, Winston Oliver Stanley DeLeon I:) Almost makes me want a puppy! (until I remember that I have 3 puppies of my very own...)

~Was blessed with 4 brand new tires for our van, plus a car wash and a full tank of gas!! Many, many heartfelt thank you's to my MIL and Ben's grandma!! Our van is very happy.

~Did not take nearly as many pictures as I wanted to because I was too busy to remember to pull out my camera!

~I am now the proud new owner of a very pink and very girly wii controller:) haha. Ben surprised me with the remote and a new wii game for Christmas!

~Left yesterday and had a very uneventful trip home (yea!) and am now surrounded by tons and tons of stuff to unpack and organize. Better get busy!! Pictures to come soon!

1 comment:

Charity said...

I'm feeling the same way - overwhelmed by all of the unpacking and organizing that needs done. I think I'll just go to bed and hope that Scott gets to it tomorrow while I'm at work. Hehe :)

Missed you guys tremendously. We had a nice Christmas though. It was good to snuggle with our sweet nephews for a few days. (We hadn't seen them in almost a year)

Followers