Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Silly Moments and Sweet Moments

My Silly Boy:
 He makes me laugh everyday. Even when I'm frustrated with him...I can't help but laugh sometimes!
Lately:
*He sings EVERYTHING. He sings what he wants for lunch or how it tastes or about naptime or snow. Pretty much anything:) And to the tune of the "ABC's" or "Frere Jacque" usually. He has been learning a lot of songs from school and from Samuel and a recent one is "Ring Around the Rosie." Zakkai's version: "Ring around the Roses,
                                              Posies full of Pockets,
                                             Ashes, Ashes, We all fall down!"
*He cannot stop himself from touching things he shouldn't touch or making messes. The other day, after a craft, I forgot to put away the glue. And then we had lunch. Can you put together the pieces? Glue+Lunch? You've got it! He put glue on his food. Sigh.

*Is obsessed with the Christmas lights! He, thankfully, is listening to our warnings and not touching them anymore. He faithfully asks us every morning to turn them on!

*His new response when asked to do something he doesn't want to? "Bweh!" Drives me nuts!

*He has this dog he got for his birthday a year or two ago. It's a wooden pull along dog named, "Spotty." Lately he's been pulling it around and hooking it's leash on the piano. He will bring Spotty in the kitchen and say, "Mommy, can you say hello to Spotty?" Very cute!

Sweet Moments:
This sweet boy is seriously crazy about his little sister. He loves when she is awake and wants to talk to her and hold her, kiss her. Sometimes I have to ask him to back away and give her some space!

*Today he came over to her, leaned close and said, "Hello, Eliana. It's your big brother. I love you SO much!"
*He also told me that when he's a grown-up, he is going to walk to school by himself! He also said that when we drive to Mugga's house, he will follow behind in his OWN car ~ a red minivan:)

My day is made when this girl smiles at me! She was so grumpy most of last week that she didn't do much smiling but has started back up again! Today she has been so smiley and is starting to enjoy silly games like fake sneezing and "So Big!"

We have a bedtime routine for her so hopefully she will start to sleep better again. I change her into a clean diaper and jammies, feed her and read her a story. Then swaddle her and tuck her in her cradle and let her suck on my finger for a few minutes.

Tonight the poor baby was incredible tired and so pathetically sad:( I gave up on feeding her because she was so sad so I sat her in my arms and read her a story while she sucked on a pacifier to calm down. She was SO tired and as I read to her, just looked up and stared at my face with the sleepiest eyes, sucking on the paci with her hands clasps together on her chest. It was the sweetest moment!

No comments:

Followers