Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Tuesday-Monday

Doesn't it totally throw you when  you have a Monday off and Tuesday is the "first day" of the week?! Especially when you have pregnancy brain, too:)

Speaking of preggo-brain. I have a very severe case of it. And on top of THAT, add a couple of kids and a crazy schedule and I'm....well, I'm plain nuts!

Examples you ask? 1) The other day while at the store, I very carefully tore out a coupon that I had been saving especially to buy something. I worked long and hard to tear it out and handed it triumphantly to the cashier only to have her glance at it with a confused expression and say, "Um, I need the bar code to scan this coupon..." I tore out everything but the bar code! I felt awfully silly:)

2) Last week, I was in the usual morning rush of getting the boys to school. I usually munch on breakfast in between getting the boys fed and packing S's lunch. I ate a peach, threw half a bagel in the oven....only to rush out of the house without eating it! I didn't realize my error until I was walking the boys in. I didn't have a chance to run home as I had my now weekly check-up immediately after. No problem, I thought to myself. I'll just call Ben and have him take out the bagel before the house burns down!

If only my dear, sometimes absent minded professor of a husband, had his phone nearby.....I, being slightly extra emotional and hormonal, freaked out thinking I was going to return to a pile of ashes instead of a house and the police ready to arrest me for killing my husband with a blueberry bagel! I kept trying to reach Ben (who, I might add, is under strict orders during these last few weeks of pregnancy to keep his phone nearby!) and finally resorted to calling my mom and having her EMAIL him. I know, crazy right? She kept assuring me that he would be fine and we would laugh about this later. But to make matters worse, he had unplugged the smoke detector the night because it's super-sensitive.

I was very thankful when I returned home to a very much alive husband and a home still standing. I never did get that bagel....


3) Tonight, I laid down with Z for a few minutes at bedtime while we were waiting for Daddy and S to finish homework. We talked for a few minutes and then I sang to him. I was right in the middle of my second round of "Jesus Loves Me" when my mind went totally blank and I forgot the words!! I was quiet for a minute while I went over the song again in my head, trying desperately to remember when Z said, "Mommy, the song isn't done yet." Thankfully, the words came back to me a minute later but it made me afraid. Very afraid...

It's good to laugh at yourself!
```````````````````````````````````````````````
The boys had such a good day today! It's so refreshing to have a day with no time-outs or arguing. Just happy boys! I had my check-up today so B picked up S from school. I got home before they did and they came in with leaves they had picked up on their way home:) Then I got them busy at the table painting and doing crafts and they seriously sat there happily for 1 1/2 hours!! It was so nice to spend time with them and also get some things done. Zakkai only colored on a few things other than his paper and cleaned up with no fuss (he's had a bit of a 'tude lately..)!

The boys raved over dinner many times which made me happy, too:)
`````````````````````````````````````````````
And my check-up went well. I told the Dr (who was also 37 weeks pregnant, go figure!) how very tired I have been and overwhelmed and ....slightly extra emotional and it was nice to hear that I'm normal and not crazy! She was optimistic about baby girl coming sooner than later. I know 3 weeks isn't that long but it sure feels like a long time these days! I can do it, I can do it!
````````````````````````````````
And now I'm off to bed so I can do it all again tomorrow:)

No comments:

Followers