Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Tired

I am exhausted!! We have been so busy settling in and unpacking our myriads of stuff. We lost some important hardware for the boys' beds in the move (among other things...), so we just got around to setting them up yesterday (after 2 trips to Home Depot) only to discover...that they didn't fit! There was no way to lay both beds out in their room, which is much smaller than their previous one, without leaving no space to walk through the room.

Thus, we were forced to set up bunkbeds, which we really did not want to do until they were much older. We did not put together the ladder to minimize problems and possible Zakkai-danger, so Ben has to lift Samuel in and out of the top bunk. He was really scared when we first showed him the beds but now he loves it! As soon as we get our internet, I will post pics!

But as we were assembling the beds, I had to hold one in place so Ben could lift it on top of the other (not an easy thing to do by yourself! but, then again, he is my big strong man:). He really did not want me helping at all but there was no way around it. The bed slipped and I caught the brunt of it on my arm but must've strained some muscle because I had to lay on the couch as much as possible for the rest of the day. The pain in my lower belly ligaments was so bad that I almost went to the hospital, worried that something was really wrong. But we prayed a lot, I drank massive amounts of water and rested all afternoon and through the night and feel much better today. The baby is still active and letting me know that he/she wants me to take it easy!

But then we had to go start cleaning our old apt today:) We spent about 2 hours there this afternoon, scouring the kitchen and bathroom and windows but still have more to do tomorrow. The boys were a big help, playing hide and seek in the closets and racing their cars:) 

After these past 6 days, I must agree with Ben that "Move is a 4 letter word!" But, despite that, we still love this place and this neighborhood so much! Can't wait to introduce you to it!

2 comments:

Charity said...

that's scary Heidi. Be careful. Can't wait to see pictures!

grandma said...

Yes Heidi be careful. Can hardly wait to find out if your baby is a girl or boy. How fun is this. Little Jacob is such a darling little boy Its so fun having these gr grands. Im so proud it will be 8 little grands. How good is our Lord.

Followers