Thursday, June 24, 2010

My Day

*Gave the apartment it's first top to bottom cleaning today and it felt good!! It helps to have company over to spur on the cleaning and last of the unpacking. I love my hardwood floors but I don't like how dirty they get. You can't see the dirt like you could with our old tile floors but it's there. Evidenced by the boys' dirty feet everyday. Yuck!

*Finally hung some pictures up. I asked Ben to do it but then I grew mold. So I did it myself. I'm still waiting for the clock to be hung up though.....It would be nice to know what time it is! I tried to tell by the position of the sun but it has only been sunny twice this week so that didn't work.

*Took Samuel on a last minute grocery shopping trip to get dinner supplies for some company. (We grilled chicken, had corn on the cob, fresh green beans and roasted diced potatoes. MmmMmm good!) He asked me for the 40th time if I would by him a little car (you know the trap they set by putting cool little knick-knacks and toys by the cash register?) and when I said no, he said, "You NEVER buy me anything!!!" We had a long talk on the way home about being thankful for what he has. And I might have thrown in a story or two about children who don't have toys. Or clothes. Or food.

*Came back from said shopping trip to give Ben allergy drops I bought him for his eyes only to realize that he has pink-eye. Sent him off to the drs to get drops and now I'm praying no one else gets it....

*Made a Strawberry and Cream cake for dessert. Yuuuummmmy.

*Spent the late afternoon and evening with some "old" friends! We have been friends since high school-ish age and they have visited us in almost every single home we have lived in. They have 3 little girls. We may have arranged a marriage...I think I have both the boys taken care of now.

*Washed about 112 dishes today and now I'm ready for bed!!

No comments:

Followers