Monday, June 7, 2010

Alive and Movin'!

I'm alive!! So sorry to be a spotty blogger:) We had an absolute insane few days this past weekend, getting ready for and actually moving! With the help of wonderful, selfless friends and family, we were able to get everything done in about 6 hours on Saturday. There is absolutely NO way we could've done it without any of them! 

We have been humbly awakened to how much stuff we have! I thought I was doing a good job getting rid of things before we moved but I guess I was wrong! As we unpack, we are still making a big effort to throw away and give away as much as we can. The thought of moving again makes us tremble in fear:)

We are making great headway at getting organized and settled in. We absolutely love this place so far! It is so warm and cozy with the wood floors and woodwork, the neighborhood is so much quieter and really nice, the landlords are so friendly. I am crazy about my pantry that I just organized today:) I've never in my life had such a thing but it's amazing! It is an absolute necessity considering the lack of cabinet space we have.

We grilled out on our front porch for our first night together as a family last night. (our families were still here on Sat night). It was bliss:)

Today I actually walked to get Samuel from school! We only get to experience about 6 days of the easy commute to school but so far it's great! Samuel and I stopped at this really neat Polish/Ukranian bakery on the way home and got a couple baked goods as a treat. I just might get fat if I stop there too often!

The boys are doing pretty well, although definitely adjusting. Usually that means some extra behaviors and time-outs but it was a huge weekend for them and I think they will love it here, too. I will post pics when it no longer looks like a tornado blew threw and when we get internet, which will be next Monday. Be patient if the posting is spotty until then:)

So despite pouring rain Saturday morning, running out of boxes and having to use lots and lots of trash bags for our stuff, U-haul gypping us out of our truck we requested and the threat of illness hanging over us (B and I escaped the stomach flu~Yea!), we are moved...safely and happily. Thank you, Lord!

And thank you to all of you who helped. We are SO thankful:)

3 comments:

dwilliams said...

Can't wait to see the new place, but miss you guys already!

grandma said...

Can hardly wait to see pictures. We don't care if you have boxes send us a picture anyway. I'm to excited. If you can't show inside show me a picture of out side. Love You and so happy for you all.

grandma said...

Oh Heidi, I just found the pictures you sent me of the apt. on the photo shop. I love the apt. I looked at them before but forgot and just found them again. Wow it is so beautiful.

Followers