Monday, June 28, 2010

The Great City of Chicago

This is what I think of how the city of Chicago is run:

What fueled this distaste? I had to make a trip to the Department of Motor Vehicles to renew my license today. I would've done it online or through the mail except for two reasons. A) because our address changed and B)my picture on my license. I was really sick with my thryoid bit (only I didn't know it) and I was super pale with deep circles under my eyes and I was really low weight. It was embarassing to show it to people!

So now after sitting in long lines and paying $30, I have a picture where I look like I just swallowed a bird! It was a great time....

And then, because the DMV no longer sells city sticker, I had to come home to go online and pay $75 for our annual city sticker. (and that's only the summer sticker! We get to pay $80 in December for our license plate sticker..)Grrr. Over $100 that we could really use, given to a very corrupt city! Sorry, it just makes me crazy!

```````````````````````````````````````````````

In happier news, I unpacked my second to last box today! It was just a box that I had been ignoring for awhile because I wasn't sure where to put the contents. I really like how our place looks and feel like it is easier, due to the layout, to keep it cleaner and less cluttered looking!

Now if only I could figure out what to do with the last box of junk that we hauled over here....:)

No comments:

Followers