Saturday, May 29, 2010

Saturday bits n' pieces

We were eating dinner (sort of tacos) and I was making Z a second tortilla and put beans and cheese on it. I handed it to him and he cocked his head and said, "Hmmm. Ferhap, I didn't want cheese on this one." But then again, considering he ate it, perhaps he did:)
``````````````````````````````
Found the golden treasure of boxes in a big dumpster on our way home this afternoon! These boxes are filling up quickly. The boys helped me get some stuff done today; packing a few toys up (while I secretly tossed some misc ones...shhhhh..). And then I lifted a box that I shouldn't have and got scolded by Daddy. I learned my lesson and I'm lucky I didn't get a time-out....
``````````````````````````````
Ben got to feel the baby for the first time yesterday! Once in the morning and three times in the evening! He was really happy:) I am so thankful everytime I feel a little nudge, push, kick or thump. I have no idea what is going on in there but it is amazing!
`````````````````````````````
We have been blessed with so much help for this move! So many friends offering to help pack and so many willing to come help us move on Saturday. We are so thankful.
``````````````````````````````
And speaking of thankful, at night before the boys go to bed, we have been asking them to tell us something they are thankful for that day so we can thank Jesus. They hem and they haw for a few minutes like it's so hard to think of something and then they say sweet things like, "I am thankful that the baby is getting strong" or "I am thankful for the sunny day" or "I am thankful for the friends helping us move:)"

We have a lot to be thankful for! I am thankful for homemade ice cream and I'm going to go eat some now!

1 comment:

Charity said...

I'm going to scold you too! Don't over do it with the move! Hope the packing is going well. It might not be fun, but I do suppose it helps get organized again by getting rid of the old stuff. Can't wait to see pictures of the new place with all of your homey touches in it.

Followers