Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day 2010

As we were getting the boys ready for bed, I suddenly remembered that I didn't get any pictures with my boys today!! I am so sad:( I really like to mark special occasions like today with pictures. I started searching through all my pics on my computer to find my other Mother's Day pictures and I found...2 years. 2 out of 5 years. 2.

May 2006. My first mother's day! Samuel was 10 months old; my first baby:) And please ignore how sickly I look. I was in the throes of hyperthyroidism and it wasn't my best year!


Sweet boy that changed my life!

May 2009. Last year's Mother's Day. Samuel~ almost 4. Zakkai~just over 2 yrs.

Today was a rush, rush day. We woke up and rushed out the door to church, afterwards raced to the produce market to get fruit, raced home to make a fruit salad and raced to a very sweet friend's house who invited our family over for lunch! After our very nice lunch, we went home only to get ready to go for the weekly Sunday Frisbee games. Zakkai was sooooooo tired, he was sobbing "I want to go to beeeeeeeed!"

After a short frisbee appearance, we infused ourselves with the garlicky garlic "new" Domino's pizza. A few words: Better than it was.....not great.....waaaaaaaayyyy too much garlic. I feel the heartburn coming on. Really. Coming now.

Two of the sweetest little boys in the world are tucked in bed after I read to them one of my favorite books, "Love You Forever." But the best part of my day, was the special present Samuel presented me with after church. He made me a gift at school and Ben helped him hide it in the trunk on Friday. Today he handed it to me. There was a card with the word "Mom" written on the front and beneath a very colorful heart. Inside he had drawn two stick figures: Me and Him and the words "I Love You." The gift was this pen they decorated with a fake flower and all these beads (hard to explain). He face seriously LIT up when he saw how much I loved it! I told him it meant so much to me and I was going to keep it forever and that I "love, love, loved it!!" I wish I had a picture of his face. He was so happy that I liked it. It made me all teary:) Really, it doesn't take much to make me teary these days (commercials, sweet stories, garlickly pizza that causes heartburn)....but still!

I love Mother's Day and my 2 (and a half!) reasons for celebrating it:) Happy Mother's Day to all of my family and friends who pour themselves out on a daily basis to love their children! And mostly a Happiest Mother's Day to the best mom in the world, whom I strive to be like everyday.

No comments:

Followers