Tuesday, May 18, 2010

16 Weeks and Alphabet Train

Today marks 16 weeks (for those of us annoying pregnant people that count in weeks!) or 4 months (for those who say...16 weeks equals??)


*I am humongous. Yes. Yes, I am. I am struggling a bit with looking so big so quickly but I guess that's what happens when it's #3, right? (say "right" to make me feel better, okay?)

*I am finally up to my "normal" weight, after having been down several pounds due to constant sickness, mouth surgery and 1st trimester crappiness.

*I am feeling SOOOOOOOOOOOOO much better in these past 2 1/2 weeks than I have since....November! I am feeling more normal, eating more things (goodbye toast forever), and gagging much less! As a matter of fact, I think I actually made it through brushing my teeth last night without gagging. Woohoo!

*The smell of Ben's coffee makes.me.want.to.vomit. I tried banning him from drinking coffee for the next 5 months. He didn't take to that suggestion well. New plan...

*I feel the baby move a lot now, especially in this past week! Mostly in the evenings when I finally sit down and relax! I love, love, love to feel this teeny tiny little person kicking or punching or whatever the little bean is doing. My favorite part of pregnancy!!

*I can still wear some of my normal pants, thanks to the Belly Band! (never had one of those before but = awesome!) I really dislike having tight pants pressing on my burgeoning belly. Not ready for most maternity clothes although at this rate, it won't be long... (enter ego-boosting compliment here)

*I have the most bizarre dreams ever. Really. I don't know if it's the hormones or what but man are they long, detailed and involve the weirdest people or situations! Like the one the other day about the creepy (seriously...creeeeeeepy) man who was trying to electrocute me to death with a pen and I kicked him down the stairs like 7 times while I dialed 911 and he kept getting back up. Great dream.

*Can hardly wait to find out who is joining our family 4 weeks from this morning! Really hoping this jumping bean cooperates...

```````````````````````````````````````````

The boys showing off their finished alphabet train puzzle that I got today at the Salvation Army for $2!!
They seriously did it 6 times this afternoon. Best $2 spent ever!

Cute story of the day:

So, in between puzzling, I gave the boys a bath (they insisted they were stinky and in need of bathing...). When I was lotioning them down and getting pj's on, Zakkai was talking all about how he is going to be a spaceman when he grows up. Spaceman this and spaceman that. Finally Samuel looked up at him and said, "But I don't want you to leave me!"

Zakkai stopped for a minute with a worried look on his face and said, "Don't worry, buddy, I won't leave you! It's okay, buddy." (heart melting all over again here..) Then he stopped, obviously pondering how he could fix this situation and came back with, "Mommy and Daddy and Samuel and Zakkai will all be spacemen!"

Samuel scrunched his face up and said, "No. I don't want to be a spaceman. I just want to stay here."

Zakkai, "Then mommy and I will be spacemen and you can stay here with daddy. Then you won't be alone, buddy. Okay?"

Seriously, cute. I love those boys!!

5 comments:

Angela Kim said...

I'm straining my eyes...from the looks of your picture it appears that you ate dinner like the rest of us, but don't come close to looking pregnant...let alone 16 weeks pregnant!!!

"Huge" for you is so relative!!! It is the "normal" or even "skinny" for most of us!!!!

I'm so happy to hear that you are feeling better and feeling baby so much!!! I hope yours cooperates more than mine did at the ultrasound. I also hope your doctor spends more than 10 seconds trying to tell the gender and sending you home. :)

love and hugs!!!

Emily S. said...

I never remember my dreams, but since getting pregnant, I've been remembering a ton of them! It's so weird!!
And yea for feeling better!

Charity said...

you are so funny. humongous is not the word I would use to describe your current state. You make me laugh. good luck with the move. may it be easier than the move we just went through. I think we were moving for 3 weeks! don't over do it like we did. 1/2 the family ended up sicker than dogs and are still trying to get over their viruses.

mommyoflove3 said...

Oh no, Charity! I'm sorry that you all have been sick. I hope everyone is recovering. We are due to chat soon!

Muggalove said...

I can hardly wait to "talk" to my newest little grandbaby so (she?) can get to know her Mugga.

Followers