Wednesday, May 26, 2010

The Packin' Machine!

I made a fatal mistake yesterday. I went to the library. By myself.

See, I thought I needed a few books since I often get back to S's school early from running errands and have a little bit of time to read. But now I just want to read and I don't want to pack!

I've read 2 books since yesterday and had to force myself to get up and pack tonight! It's just one of those things that you put off but once you get started you can get into a rhythm.

I am collecting quite a pile of things to give away or perhaps throw away. That CD that my college friends from my dorm hall made for me before I left with possibly a Backstreet Boy song on it? See ya! The Rachel Ray cookbook with ingredients no one has ever heard of except her and Emeril? In the pile! Old plastic Tupperware that's been collecting dust in the cabinet? Tossed!

I'm feeling freer and freer! I'm mean, really, when is the last time we played 'Lord of the Rings Trivial Pursuit'? Am I really going to cook from that Anne of Green Gables cookbook for little girls that I have been carting with me from state to state? Am I going to wear those specially dyed shoes from the wedding I was in 7 years ago again? Not a chance! I'm trying really hard to be realistic!

Toys are another story. I have to get rid of those in secret places, under the cover of night. Even toys the boys haven't touched in months or longer..if they spot them in the give away pile or worse yet, the trash! They suddenly have a renewed love for it. "Oh yes! I've missed that McDonald's robot!" 

I'm sorting and tossing left and right! Getting carried away even! What? You wanted to keep that old picture of us, Ben? We'll take a new one! Boys, boys, I know we just bought that last month but it's all in the name of saving space! You'll get over it!

I'm like a packing machine all of the sudden! Filled with inexplicable energy and the desire to live a simpler lifestyle! Tossing! Recycling! Donating! I've turned over a new leaf! It'll be so easy from here on out! I'm....

I'm...I'm so excited to do it again tomorrow. Really.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, is this the first time in your life that you are throwing stuff away?? I'm proud of you...

Unknown said...

you have lord of the rings trivial pursuit??!? nice!

Followers