Monday, May 31, 2010

Memorial Day

Thankfully, we didn't have too many plans this past weekend except for packing (and more packing). Yesterday we had an impromptu bbq picnic with some friends which was so fun! I really love bbq's and am looking forward to much grilled food this summer:) yum, yum.

The boys went to bed happily, full of food, the company of one of their best buddies and sweet-smelling from a bath. But poor Samuel woke up just after 3:30 this morning crying for me. He was burning up and said his tummy was sick. I grabbed a bowl quickly (I learned my lesson after Z's last illness!) and sat with him, rubbing his back and legs until he fell asleep again. He slept about 2 hours and then woke up crying for me again.

Poor buddy threw up all morning and was so feverish and complaining of a horrible headache. I was a little iffy myself in the tummy department and watching him throw up did not help! I was dry heaving right along with him! Finally I got some tylenol down him and he dozed off for awhile. A thunderstorm woke him up and we took him to his room to sleep some more. He slept for a few hours and was a little better when he woke up this afternoon.

I was able to get some gatorade/sprite down him and he had about a 10 minute spurt of energy where he played with Zakkai. But before I knew it, he was back on the couch moaning about his tummy. I was able to get a cracker down him but before I tucked him into bed (at 6:15pm), he got sick again:( Poor, poor buddy! It is so hard to watch your child so sick. They always want mommy close by even when there isn't much you can do. But I remember that from when I was little. I just wanted my mommy near me, her cool hand on my forehead, her comforting presence. I am really hoping and praying that a good night's sleep will help his body heal.

And I am really really hoping that no one else comes down with this stomach virus because we have a lot to do this week! 4 more days of packing left. Yikes! You will be glad to know that I am being a good girl and following the "orders" of my loving husband which so far are to: not stand on any chairs (I just might possibly have fallen backwards off of one when I was 7 mos pregnant with Zakkai...) or lift heavy things (or children). I will be be practically useless on Saturday! Well, except for being "director" or where things go and unpacking.

It's going to be a busy week but I am going to start it off by getting my haircut tomorrow for the first time in 15 months! Woohoo! Gotta help a pregnant lady feel a little attractive as she's growing out of her clothes:) Will post pics (as long as it turns out well!)

````````````````````````````````````````````````````

P.S. After my very un-Memorial Day post blabbing: In honor of my brother-in-law and the thousands of those have served and are serving our country, I wanted to post this link to a "Coming Home" photo series. These always, without fail make me cry because they are so beautiful and because it is so easy for those of us who live "normal" lives to forget about those who are sacrifices for us. http://thepioneerwoman.com/photography/2010/05/coming-home/ (At the bottom of the photos, you will see links to more "coming home" pages. There are 5 in all). Happy Memorial Day.

No comments:

Followers