Tuesday, March 9, 2010

My Samuel

My firstborn son, whom I held in my arms for hours, amazed at the precious gift of you.

Your smile is so genuine and beautiful (except when it's cheesy for cameras, of course:). You have such a sweet, tender heart and I really hope you never lose it.

You make the silliest faces and I have really been enjoying them lately:) And you love to laugh. Oh, your laugh. The sweetest giggle in the world! Your face beams when it is filled with joy and your daddy and I always comment to each other on how beautiful you are.


Daddy can make you laugh so easily! You come to him to be tickled over and over again, even while claiming you don't like it. We don't believe that anymore:) You look like Daddy so much and almost everyone agrees. You learn like him, you even bug your little brother just like he did. Drives me crazy but I know you love him so much. I guess it's just what big brothers do.

You often don't get the same attention from me as Zakkai does because you don't demand it in the same "loud" way. I have to make sure that I really pay attention to what you're saying because I know it makes you feel loved to be heard and valued. I value you, Samuel. I always want you to know that I love you.

You melted my heart when you asked me to sleep with you the whole night last night. I asked what daddy would do when I wasn't there to keep him warm and you made me laugh when you responded after a pause, "He can have Zakkai!" :) I love that you still want me to be close to you. You forgive easily and love easily. I laid there next to you for several minutes and traced your hairline with my finger. And my heart swelled.

With love for you.

You are precious, my Samuel.

No comments:

Followers