Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Recipe Tuesday?

I've been wanting to share a few more recipes with you since I have found some good (and simple) ones recently! I might choose a day each week where I share a new one with you. Lucky you:) Like my wonderful friend "E" commented a few posts ago, over half the recipes I write down or save...okay, fine probably 70% are sweet and/or chocolatey but I will try to refrain myself from only sharing desserts and go for some healthy dinner stuff. Not quite as fun, but helpful nonetheless:) A ndI will also enlighten you with how I modified it and got the boys to eat it. No easy feat, I tell you!!



Tonight's meal:



Grilled Hawaiian Chicken and Pineapple Sandwiches




6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, pounded to 1/4 " thick
1 cup Hawaiian style marinade
6 pineapple rings
6 slices provolone cheese
6 wheat sandwich rolls, sliced
6 tablespoons thousand island salad dressing
6 leaves romaine lettuce
6 slices tomato


Preparation:


1. Place chicken in resealable bag and pour in the marinade. Seal bag and marinate in refrigerator for 1 hour or up to overnight.


2. When ready to prepare, preheat oven to broil (or grill). Place sheet of foil over top oven rack. Place chicken pieces on foil and broil about 10 min, turning halfway through. About 5 min before chicken is done, put pineapple slices on rack and cook for 1-2 min each side.


3. Remove chicken from oven and place piece of cheese on top immediately to melt. Top with pineapple slice. Serve chicken on bun, toasted if desired, with lettuce and tomato. Spread dressing or ketchup on top bun and enjoy!


*This recipe called for onion rolls, I substituted wheat sandwich rolls


*The idea of Thousand Island freaked me out a bit so we substituted ketchup, which was really good!:)


*For the boys: I just cut up chicken instead of making it into a sandwich and served the pineapple slices, cheese, and tomato slices separately! Samuel ate a bun and Z (a.k.a. the bread-hater) had a tortilla. I served it with black beans as a side!


*Good meal; would make again!


```````````````````````````````


Other than eating food, we are back into routine again, continuing to heal physically and praying we don't catch anymore germs this week! I am getting ready for Z's post-poned Astronaut Party on Friday (will post pics!) which he is very excited about:) I get nervous planning parties, like I will be judged on how "cool" it is or something. Pretty silly to be worried about a 3 year old's party, isn't it? (Enter reassurement here).


I must say I am very thankful for my Mom Plan It Calendar (which I so lovingly get each Christmas from my MIL!!) during months like these.



This month is filled with appointments, parties, our 7th anniversary (Babysitting, anyone??) and our very first family vacation!! Woo hoo, March!

2 comments:

dwilliams said...

ooo... 1) what time should we come for dinner...those hawaiian sandwiches look delish! 2) If you suddenly freak out and need help setting up or anything for the Friday party, lemme kno...no class that day ;) I promise to bring by coolness factor to contribute (not that you need it!) 3) J and I would love to babysit so you two crazy kids can PARTAE on your anniversary...seriously. let us know!

mommyoflove3 said...

1. You can come for dinner everynight!
2. I would love to have you come help me on Friday!
3. I will take you up on babysitting!!

Goodness, you're wonderful!

Followers