Friday, November 13, 2009

Quilting!

I am off to my quilting/sewing expo! As I write, I am sitting in the hotel room with my mama (Happy Birthday, mom!!!) and my aunt Judy! We had so much fun today walking around looking at the different vedors selling materials, clothing, bags, sewing machines, bags, quilts, bags (and more bags), patterns, you name it!

I had a good time until I got stopped by some "zentherapy" vendor (not sure why they were at the quilting expo but...okay) and it started out well: me laying in a comfy chair with a spiced-stuffed warming cushion around my neck, another cooling one over my eyes, a warm muff for my hands, a boot for my foot.....I was so relaxed that the buzz of the crazy crafty people faded into the distance and I caught myself wondering what would happen if I drifted off....

And then. Then the zen-therapy guy had to get all creepy on me. First of all he had RANK breath that smelled like a dead animal (I literally almost gagged right in front of him) and THEN he got all touchy feely on me, pushing on different trigger muscles (or something like that) and telling me my clavicle was off-center and yada yada. He was trying to talk me into coming to see him after I had explained to him about my back injury last year and before I know it he pressed really hard right on the tender area (I didn't realize it was that tender) where my broken rib/bruised spine was and I was instantly in bad pain. I was so upset after walking away, with my back throbbing that I was trying not to cry. It was just discouraging to think that my back could still produce that kind of pain and that creepo had the nerve to press on it!

Thankfully my mom had some pain relieving lotion stuff with her that she rubbed on my back and it feels okay now, just a little painful. Other than THAT (you can bet I'll be staying away from that vendor tomorrow!), we are having a blast!

I'll write about our classes we're taking when I get more time! For now, I have to go read a book until I get tired because the two early birds I'm sharing a room with are already zonked out! Ciao!

No comments:

Followers