Thursday, November 5, 2009

Love it!

I am lovin' my newest blog template! What about you? I thought a seasonal change would be nice and the quilt pattern is speaking cool autumn and cold winter nights quilting or snuggling beneath a quilt!

I'm also lovin' the Apple Cake that Z and I whipped up yesterday and thought I'd share!

Apple Cake and Butter Sauce

1 c. white sugar
1/4 c. butter
4 med. apples
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
1 c. all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp gr. nutmeg
1 tsp. gr. cinnamon

SAUCE
1/4 c. butter
3/4 c. white sugar
1/2 c. heavy whipping cream (I just used 2% milk)
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla

Preparation
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9 in. glass pie plate.
2. Peel, core and dice the apples.
3. Cream together 1 cup sugar, 1/4 c. butter and eggs. Stir in diced apples and 1 tsp. vanilla. Sift together flour, salt, baking soda, nutmeg and cinnamon; mix into apple mixture. Pour batter into the pie pan.
4. Bake for 45 min or until inserted toothpick comes out clean.
5. For sauce, melt butter on low heat in saucepan and add sugar, cream or milk and vanilla. Heat and stir until sugar dissolves. Pour over apple cake (can poke holes in cake to let soak through). Eat warm or cold!
*I kept mine in the fridge and it was DELICIOUS!! 2 thumbs up from all my men!

No comments:

Followers