Saturday, November 21, 2009

Girly-ness

You know, I like being girly. Aside from the terrible physical sufferings that we must endure that men haven't an inkling of, being a girl is pretty nice. Without my femine qualities, I imagine that Ben would be living in some cold, dark, musty library apartment somewhere, probably living off of canned soup and coffee.

Instead of leading such a lonely, female-deprived life, he was crazy enough to choose the girliest of all girls to marry:) Really, being one of five sisters, I hadn't a chance of becoming a tomboy! So instead of books (well, aside from our bedroom/study) our home is infused with colors and flowers and cinnamon scented pinecones. I can't help myself! I am drawn to the beauty of fabrics and little touches to make our home warm, welcoming and...femine! Hey, what's a girl to do when she's surrounded by boys?!

I am in the process of sewing up some of last weekend's fabric finds. Check it out!



A close up of the front and back!

I was pretty excited when I found the paisley print to tie in my couch colors! The colors are a little more vibrant in person. I really like them. I have 2 1/2 done and 3 1/2 more to go! Samuel came out the next morning after I put the first two pillows out and said, "Mommy, those pillows are beautiful! I really like them." Words to warm my heart!

I'm off to sew more pillowcases since I am hubby-less this weekend. And possibly eat some chocolate cake, too. Yes, quite possibly:)

No comments:

Followers