Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Old Lady Thomas

Happy Wednesday! I am enjoying a low-key day. After mom's group this morning and sending my big boy off to preschool with Daddy, Zakkai and I baked an Apple Cake (yum!) and he washed dishes while I finished up. I do have the cutest picture of him washing:) Unfortunately it's still on the camera....
Samuel is still doing fantastic at school! He is excited to go in the mornings and is already feeling quite at home there and getting into the daily routines. He wants less help doing his sign-in routine, too:) Today we opened his bookbag to look for the book he had checked out at preschool and it was gone. We asked him where it was and he looked up with his face beaming and said, "I checked it in all by myself!!" He also got a job at school yesterday to be the bellringer after playground time. He was very proud to report his job to Daddy and Z!


Zakkai seems to be feeling the effects of all this change. It is a lot of adjustment in our routine and day-to-day life, especially for him. B and I have worked out a schedule: Mondays Z comes with me and stays out with me the whole time (until we pick S up), Tuesdays he stays home with daddy, Wednesdays Daddy takes S to school and I stay home with him and Thursdays he's out with me the whole time again. Whew!!

I know it's affecting him because he says things like, "Please don't miss me again, mommy" after I told him I missed him on Tuesday and he's been sticking pretty close to me. It's hard being the little guy! One nice thing about Mondays and Thursdays is that he and S will go down for SUPER early bedtimes! Nice for me anyways:)

The time change definitely messed with the boys' sleep. They have been up really early the past 3 days twiddling their thumbs and wondering why their timed light isn't coming on at 6:20 in the morning. I'm hoping they'll figure out the time change quickly! It's amazing what one hour can do to kids!

I am really looking forward to an upcoming visit from my mom and Aunt next weekend where we will be attending a quilt convention! The only thing that would make it better would be if my sister could come:( I am going to try to finish my quilt top by next Friday so my amazingly talented mama can look at it and help me get ready to start quilting the design on it! Then I can spend my cold Chicago evenings, quilting by the fire radiator like an 80 year old woman. Such an exciting life I lead!

Until next time!

2 comments:

Emily S. said...

Oooh, a quilt convention? Try not to spend your life savings on fabric and notions!! :) Take lots of pics!

mommyoflove3 said...

What life savings?! :) I will take pics! I wish you were here so you could go, too!

Followers