Saturday, November 7, 2009

Book Review

"A Man of His Word" by Kathleen Fuller was the second book I chose to review. I am an avid reader, as most of my friends and family know, and am continually looking for new books to satisfy my reading thirst. This book appealed to me because I have read many other books set in the Amish lifestyle. Compared to the other books I've read by authors such Beverly Lewis, this book was a bit of a disappointment.

Simply but predictably written, this story is about a young newly married Amish woman who is abandoned by her husband. She finds out she is expecting their first baby and spends the next several months grieving the loss of her husband while her brother-in-law tries to hide his love from her. The story is about her healing and willingness to let love give her hope again.

The story line is decent, however, the character's reactions are not always quite believable. After finishing this story, I was left with a blase reaction: Not bad, not great, just okay.

No comments:

Followers