Friday, April 3, 2009

Germs and Boys, Boys and Germs

Well, the glorious passing of germs is continuing here in the Thomas household. I peeked in on the boys last night before going to bed and found Samuel really flushed and not looking quite "right." He woke up and acted really strange and he was SO hot. He told me his tummy hurt (mine did too at the beginning of this nastiness) and asked me to pray for him to feel better. And after being drugged and settled with some water....he slept the whole night through. Today his voice is hoarse which freaked him out! He started crying and said, "Mommy! I don't wike this voice!" Not much I can do but at least we have matching voices now:)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The other day after nap, I was organizing things in our bedroom and Z was sitting on our bed looking through photo albums. He opened one that has random pics of Samuel as a baby and he exclaimed, "Baby Jesthusth!" I told him gently that no, it wasn't baby Jesus, it was Samuel. He emphatically told me again that it was Baby "Jesthusth" but I was able to reassure him that it was indeed, his brother. So he turned the page and said, "Wook! It's anovver baby Samel!"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Today is my Grandpa's birthday! I think he would say it's the second anniversary of his 39 1/2 birthday! See if you can figure that one out! My Grandpa is a big teddy bear who adores his family and loves to help others! He is "semi-retired" from being a pastor/counselor which means that he is not really retired but gets to go to Florida for the winter...and work there:) He is my only Grandpa and gives the best hugs in the world!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Samuel just went to sleep with 8 stuffed animals (2 Giraffees, 2 dogs, 3 giraffes and a giraffe blanket)! He goes through phases of insisting on sleeping with certain stuffed animals and blankets beyond Giraffees. It's really quite ridiculous how attached my boys are to their giraffees and rays! They immediately get almost slap happy when they see them, start laughing and stick their fingers in their mouths. Suddenly the world is at right as rain! Hopefully they won't be caught in college with them under their pillows...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Here is a recipe of some chicken we had this week that is SO easy and yummy!
Alissa's Ritzy Chicken
4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts (mine are usually frozen)
1 can cream of chicken soup, undiluted
1 strip Ritz crackers, crushed
1 TB butter, melted

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Place chicken breasts in a 9x13 in pan. Cover chicken with soup. Sprinkle crushed crackers over chicken. Drizzle melted butter over top.
3. Bake in oven for 45 min or until chicken is no longer pink!

4 comments:

Angela Kim said...

Oh, I pray that you guys start feeling better soon...this has lasted too long! I'm sorry.

I cannot wait to try your recipe.

Since you mentioned you use frozen chicken (I do too)...I have to ask...and display my kitchen ignorance...you have to thaw them first, right? (Darn, I hate slippery disgusting raw chicken breasts.) It will be worth it I am sure!

mommyoflove3 said...

I totally hate slippery nasty raw chicken (or any meat for that matter), too! I totally used the chicken still frozen and it was perfect after 45 minutes! It's must less nasty frozen:) I hope you like it!

Angela Kim said...

i loved it! Thanks!!!

grandma said...

I just read your recipes and they all sound so good. As I'm going down I come across that wonderful note you said about your Grandpa. He just walked threw the room I read it to him. He was so touched. He wants me to copy it and I don't know how. We sure do love you.

Followers