Wednesday, April 29, 2009

The Goody Man!

Happy Wednesday! Not too much to report today: Clean house, mom's group and (hopefully) fantastic soup cooking in the crockpot!

So, I mentioned awhile back that we play music for the boys at nighttime, which they ADORE. Seriously, the threat of turning it off causes them to shape right up! More recently, I've been putting on a Veggie Tales CD in the morning for them as I'm taking my shower and getting ready. So they sit in their beds, play with toys and Veg:) They get really excited, too and they've been memorizing the words. I started singing one of the songs the other day (yes, I'm cool like that), which goes like this: "God is bigger than the boogeyman, He's bigger than Godzilla and the monsters on tv." Samuel stopped me, obviously appalled, and said, "Mommy! It is NOT the boogeyman. It is the Goodyman!." No amount of reasoning convinced him that God is bigger than the boogeyman. It's the Goodyman. Obviously.

Ok, BOY humor, here. I am sorry, but I must record this for future embarassing of my son:) A son, whom I shall not name, is really into boy's, ahem, anatomy. Yes. Yes, I did just throw that out there. He is really interested in the fact that boys have things that girls don't. I SOOOO don't want to enter this conversation with him but I know I'd better get over my discomfort now rather than when he's older! Anyways, he will ask me about people in books and our family (whether or not they have...the "unmentionable") He even asked me about an older grandma-lady the other day. It's really quite embarassing. Embarassing enough to talk about it at home (but obviously not enough to stop me from blogging about it!) but what I am most afraid of, is that he will ask someone we know! (Shudder) Why, oh, WHY, did God think I (one of 5 girls), would be cut out for BOYS?! I hope I don't ruin them....

As for the other boy in the house, er, man, I mean....Ben is scheduled to have sinus surgery on Monday! Even though it's a little scary, we are BOTH very excited about it because he has suffered for about 2 1/2 years now of constant severe sinus infections and a whole lotta other related stuff. He has lost his sense of smell completely and has lost some of his sense of taste, too:( Not to mention, he really has suffered a lot. Yea, for modern medicine! Please pray for a safe surgery and quick healing!

I'm off to enjoy the last 1/2 of peace and quiet before naptime is over:)

4 comments:

Emily said...

I took care of my niece while her baby brother was being born and I got stuck answering all sorts of anatomy questions when we found out it was a boy- it was quite an experience!
Hope Ben's surgery goes well!

Angela Kim said...

i've been meaning to tell you I got such a kick out of your BOY Humor!!!! so funny. i love your stories. love your blog. love you! oh and yes and amen to the little girl(s?) for you one day...but I certainly know that if we're only given boys, we will LEARN. And Love it.

Anonymous said...

Loved your Boy humor. This is where Ben will come in. He can when time is right have the man talk. Uncle Mike always takes boys away to some fun place and then sometime there He has the man talk. I think that works. Now if you have a little girl thats a different story.

Anonymous said...

Oh that was me Grandma on last message. Also most important Ben we are praying for you. Love

Followers