Thursday, April 16, 2009

Inspired

Occasionally, I have those days that I am totally inspired to do something. Usually it's extra cleaning, rearranging the furniture (one of my favs!), or changing something about my life. Today's inspiration? Cooking for/with my boys!

My Zman is becoming a picky 2 year old (grrr!!) and it takes creativity to get him to eat certain things. One group of foods that he has despised since he started eating? Bread!! Will NOT touch grilled cheese, toast, certain crackers (that's a new one), etc. BUT he will eat certain muffins, pancakes and cake. Stinker! Anyways, he's recently started boycotting veggies. Sigh. We went through this with Big Brother who was a FANTASTIC eater until approx 2 yrs and 4 mos old. Then one day he decided to turn up his adorable, kissable little nose in disgust at something he had voraciously gobbled down only the day before! Kids....

So it's hit or miss with dinner time and whether or not the boys are going to eat it. Last night's meal? http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Meatball-Sandwich/Detail.aspx
(I did Gr Turkey instead of beef and added some worchestershire sauce. Served with a side of fresh green beans. Yummy!!)
Miraculously, a HUGE hit! They even ate leftovers for lunch today. Go figure..
Today at the store (where, you ask? Where else! TARGET!!!), I ran across a kid's cookbook that looked so fun for cooking with kids with lots of kid-tasty treats. It was this one:
http://www.amazon.com/Disney-Magic-Kitchen-Cookbook/dp/0696237326
I'm going to check and see if they have it at the library! Soon I have a couple more kid-friendly cooking/tricking-your-toddler-into-eating-websites to share. First I have to test them out on my own two. Sneaky mommy!

No comments:

Followers